OEM steering damper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2015 fits a 2012 and also 2010 yet bitubo 2010 differs from a 2012??

seems odd mate.. perhaps we will have to try the bitubo on mine and see if it fits... as I must say the oem one doesn't seem that stiff compared to the dampers ive had on the blades !

Also confirmed the 2015 damper also fit my 2010 straight fit

are you sure? the 2010 bikes has a 6mm bolt, the 2015 has an 8mm bolt. you sure you dont have slack in the bolt hole?

seems odd mate.. perhaps we will have to try the bitubo on mine and see if it fits... as I must say the oem one doesn't seem that stiff compared to the dampers ive had on the blades !

You have to be careful you don't wind it up too tight, if yr trying to overcome a rider error (holding on too tight, crossing up on the steering etc) it will send the shakes through the chassis to the rear, not what you want. Ive got mine (oe) midway and the shake stops just after it starts. (mainly track)
Maybe find time to pop over sometime

You have to be careful you don't wind it up too tight, if yr trying to overcome a rider error (holding on too tight, crossing up on the steering etc) it will send the shakes through the chassis to the rear, not what you want. Ive got mine (oe) midway and the shake stops just after it starts. (mainly track)
Maybe find time to pop over sometime
sounds like a plan mate :witless: .. probably not relaxed enough .. I do have to consciously tell myself to relax on track several times a session lol.

lol let the damper do what its made to do, don't listen to racers if your on the road
Dean

Back