Newbie from Bristol

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_1063

Reaction score
Hello,

Just picked up a 2017 sport with the performance package and forged wheels.

Prior to this have had a number of sports bikes, most recently a couple of zx10s, an rsv4 and a 1st gen s1000rr.

Plan is to get to first service soon as, ride it as much as possible including some trackdays.

Always up for a rideout and to talk bikes.

John

Welcome in John,

Nice extras on the bike.

Any Track Days booked / your favourite?

Welcome to the forum John and congratulations on your new RR!

Very wise choice going with the HP forged wheels, they're excellent.
What colour bike did you go for?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you :)

Oli

Welcome to the forum John.

Whilst your username is red in colour your access is a bit limited. But you'll change to green and have access once the boss man is awake after his 12+ return home from France yesterday.

Hi John,
Nice bike you will love it, I'm in north Devon if you're ever down this way. I'm always up for a ride out [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John, lovely part of the country you live in, I've good friends in Bishops Cleeve.

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it as much as your new bike.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the site John, some useful information on this site about mods and updates.

JimmyMac - I work near Bishops Cleeve, are your friends bikers?

Steve

Welcome to the site John, some useful information on this site about mods and updates.

Steve

Afraid not Steve, Griff is my friend from my RAF days and his Spanish wife is called Ester, my mate works for an engineering firm that makes equipment for electronic land surveys.
I've known him for 30 years and he had never even ridden a moped, lol.

JimmyMac

Welcome in John,

Nice extras on the bike.

Any Track Days booked / your favourite?

Westy,

None on the bike yet but have a BMW Track Training day with the other half this Sunday at Donington. Probably due a few August/September.
Toss up between Donington & Oulton, though Silverstone is a buzz on a 1000 :cocksure:

Welcome to the forum John and congratulations on your new RR!

Very wise choice going with the HP forged wheels, they're excellent.
What colour bike did you go for?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you :)

Oli

Thanks Oli,

Have had lightweight wheels on previous bikes so was a no brainer.

It's the red one, looks smart as.

Welcome to the forum John.

Whilst your username is red in colour your access is a bit limited. But you'll change to green and have access once the boss man is awake after his 12+ return home from France yesterday.

Thanks Alex.

Hi John,
Nice bike you will love it, I'm in north Devon if you're ever down this way. I'm always up for a ride out [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving it now and only managed 90 miles.

Will try and find an excuse to tootle down there.

Hi John, lovely part of the country you live in, I've good friends in Bishops Cleeve.

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it as much as your new bike.

JimmyMac

Thanks,

Bit busy this time of year with the holiday makers.

Steve

Steve,

Have done a bit of lurking already.

Exhaust and fuelling are the things I am trying to fathom out.

Hi John.
Only way we got round the AFR,s is with rapidbike modules. If u contact Alex via here he has got a deal going with them

Jay

Jay,

still in in the slip on/headers/full system decision bit.

rapidbike looks good.

john

Jay,

still in in the slip on/headers/full system decision bit.

rapidbike looks good.

john

I have an Akra Evo full system and a custom mapped PCV, and whilst I love a full system, it adds considerable cost and effort over a slip on.
Whilst this is ok for the road, if you intend to do UK track days a full system can also cause more difficulty with fly by noise tests.

If you are open to a slip on, then I would suggest something quite small so you'll have a more entertaining sound track in addition to a sexier looking silencer.
This is also perfect for track days as you can always quickly install the OEM can back if noise is an issue.
You will have no issues with fuelling with slip ons either.

Good luck with your decision, I hope whatever you decide you are happy with the result :)

Oli

As Jay says correcting the fuelling with a full system is not straight forward as it was in the past.

My PCV, although custom mapped, does not produce any gain throughout two thirds of the rev range. The only place it could correct for was leaning out the top end a bit, which yielded a slight gain in power.
The biggest issue is the ride by wire restrictions which are fixed in the ECU, so without a flash it is not possible to make substantial gains.

However, if I was doing it all over again, I would still go with a full system lol ...

Oli

Latest posts

Back