Newbie Exhaust Question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_Derby

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a S1000RR in the next few months and I am after some advice on exhausts.

I was originally looking at getting a Austin Racing GP2R arcs but after reading on here about cutting the CAT off etc i am now unsure.

I have been looking at Akrapovic
large

And also the Austin Racing full system

The issue is that I will be getting a brand new one and I want to keep the warranty in tact. I have been told a ECU Reflash is undetectable by BMW and it will sort out the AFR?

There is no way I am paying BMW`s price for the Akrapovic system

Any advice is appreciated

I've had my full akro on since pretty much day one. Dealer has never mentioned the exhaust or any other mods during services or warranty claims.

My dealer doesn't worry about aftermarket exhausts or power commanders.

Yes,the dealer can tell if the ecu has been flashed and also, if they run the diagnostics by the normal method it will erase the flash

My dealer doesn't worry about aftermarket exhausts or power commanders.

Yes,the dealer can tell if the ecu has been flashed and also, if they run the diagnostics by the normal method it will erase the flash

The services i had done on my bike never removed the reflash, the dealer just commented the the exhaust cables were not connected so the servos showed a resistance error in the ecu.

The services i had done on my bike never removed the reflash, the dealer just commented the the exhaust cables were not connected so the servos showed a resistance error in the ecu.

I had an ecu flashed by BMW Germany back in 2010,when it went on the dealer diagnostics the ecu was wiped and had to go back to Germany(they did it under warranty).
Perhaps it doesn't affect them anymore.

I have my bike booked into Hilltop for an ecu reflash next week. I was told that BMW dealers cannot see or overwrite the new settings. They only wipe it upon a complete factory reset process, which is a nonstandard task that they never do (think that they only do this back in Germany).

I also plan to get it serviced a Clark's Rednal in 3 or 4 weeks time ...so I'll soon find out if that is true!

Last edited:
Back