New Wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r15suk

Reaction score
The front wheel on my bike has some damage on it and this is a good excuse to get some new wheels for it. I have Dymags on my blade, but i really love the look of the multi spoke wheels that come as standard. I'd like some advice on what people have fitted to their bikes please and what they think of them.

Cheers
Simon

Hi Simon, I fitted Carrozzeria lightweights. They are a good price compared to most but have to be shipped from USA. The BST carbons are probably a money no object choice, but for reduced weight, style and better bearings (they are incredibly smooth running using largest bearings) these are top spec wheels. They use them in the AMA series. You can fit std discs with a lightweight carrier which I did and the rear sprocket carrier uses zx10r sprockets so many options at a good price. I have had many tyre changes and the anodising has not chipped or scratched once. Turn in is much improved as they carry their weight in the centre part of the wheel not the rim so low spinning inertia and less bar pressur needed to change direction.
http://

Last edited:
Bike looks lovey!! Many thanks for the write up, I will definitely investigate these wheels. The toughest decision I will probably have is choosing the colour :-0

Cheers
Simon

Lightweight Wheels

You can't really go wrong with any lightweight forged aluminium wheels from the likes of Oz Racing, HP, PVM or Dymag to name but a few. BST carbon fibre wheels are also very good. It is worth shopping around as many companies like Calsport and HPS will have numerous brands on offer or will give some form of discount.

The HP wheels are pretty hard to beat for the money.
If you're going to spend over 2k though I'd just get the BST's and have done with it.

I have gone for another set of HP wheels, so now I have 2 sets, one for track with slicks and one for Road with Supercorsas.

I went with the HP wheels because I wanted to keep the standard sprocket carrier and not be messing around with different sprockets for 2 different wheels.

In fact the HP wheels are surprisingly light, especially the front, until you fit the discs that is!

I have gone for Brembo T-Drive discs on the front and a Brembo rear disc as well, so I can swap the wheels over very quickly, can also have different tyres for trackdays (soft or medium compounds depending on the weather/track temperature.

How much are the HP wheels? (when buying separately, not the optional extra price)

HP Forged Wheels

The HP Forged Wheels are relatively inexpensive until you add all the ancillary items like brake discs, sensor rings and fixings. Chosen as an optional extra on a new bike they represent exceptional value for money.

So I take it you can't use the discs, rings etc. from the standard wheels?

HP Forged Wheels

The front brake discs used on the HP Forged Wheels are completely different to the standard cast wheels so you will need to order a new set.

Call Smiths in Gloucester. That's where I bought my fairings and HP wheels, they were taken from a zero mile 2016 bike being stripped for racing. That had 4 in when I enquired so you might be lucky and get a set.

Call Smiths in Gloucester. That's where I bought my fairings and HP wheels, they were taken from a zero mile 2016 bike being stripped for racing. That had 4 in when I enquired so you might be lucky and get a set.

Is that smiths triumph racing? Can't find any others....

So when i add the cost of the discs to the price of the wheels, it looks like i would be approaching the cost of BST wheels then. Not over keen on the spoke pattern on them though to be honest.

Carbon Fibre Wheels

If you are considering carbon fibre wheels it may be worth looking at those made by Dymag in addition to BST.

Lightweight Wheels

It depends which version you order as most brands offer model specific options.

Is that smiths triumph racing? Can't find any others....
No they are breakers. Can't remember the guy I dealt with as my phone is knackered and lost the contacts. They are also on eBay, that's where they were selling a full road red kit.
Great service and company to deal with.

Latest posts

Back