New to BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MackemQ

Reaction score
Hi guys just traded my rsv4 in for a new s1000rr after taking a test ride, loving it so far and can't wait until I get the first service out the way to have it fully unleashed.

Hi Mackem, welcome to the site. Least you'll be one of the few happy guys in Sunderland on your new bike.

From a Scottish Black Cat.

JimmyMac

Cheers Jimmy, it definitely helped to ease the pain, especially with the other lot coming straight back up.

Welcome mate, how do you find your RR v the RSV4

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new steed!

+1 what do you think of the RR in relation to the RSV4, I'm sure we'd all be very interested to hear your feedback :).

Thanks for the welcome guys,

I haven't run the rr in yet so it's still limited to 9k but I had the demo bike out for a full day. My rsv4 was a 2014 model, straight away the power difference is noticeable the rsv4 just didn't have that top end rush I get with the bmw and even though I spent a lot of money upgrading the rsv4 the bmw just feels more refined and is definitely a better road bike, it's hard to knock the ape as it's an awesome bike and once set up correctly it handles like its on rails and has a predictable power delivery all through the rev range and is an absolute beast on the track but since I haven't properly set up the bmw or took it to the track I can't make too much of a comparison yet, I did look at the 2017 rsv4 but I after taking the bmw it just felt a better connection to the bike and it was 5 grand cheaper ��, I did also take an r1 and the new gsxr out before making my purchase.

Welcome aboard MackemQ.
Intersting to hear your comments. Im on a test on a new blade tomorrow.. we'll ser how that goes too.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Stuart, I really liked the look of the blade and heard good things about it but the local Honda dealership left a bad impression when I tried to test ride it, so I didn't bother and just left, shame because the SP version looked amazing.

Hi mate... its pouring down. I think Vic Devines will be getting a call from me.. totally no point in a test ride in weather like this...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back