New S1000rr Owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dom501

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I picked up a 2015 S1000rr last Saturday so I haven't had chance to get out on it much yet. I also ride a CBR600F sport (work bike) and a KTM 1190 Adventure R. I dont really use the KTM to it's full potential so I may get rid towards the end of the year.

I say I don't use my KTM to it's full potential... like I'm gonna use a BMW S1000rr to it's full potential.

You catch my drift!

Hi Stephen

I'm in Stoke-on-Trent, I went for the blue and white.
I'm thinking of going IOM on it this year instead of my KTM but all the luggage options seem to tie to the pillion pegs and my bike didn't come with pillion seat or pegs.

I manage to use the full potential of 1st 2nd and third, then things get silly on the road ha ha

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum:).

You'll be going to the tt on the rr, no doubt. Lots of good advice on luggage options on here.

Hi mate..welcone to the forum. Enjoy the RR.. open its lungs up on a good road and you will use it to its full potential

Sent from Galaxy S7

Welcome aboard - Stoke isnt too far from here - I feel a drag race coming on :)

I was in the same boat regarding seat and pillion pegs, but theres a lot of people on here with exactly the opposite problem - nip along to the for sale section and you'll be able to get some pegs and a seat.

Welcome,

You may not have pegs but you do have the mount points so you can fit tie down plates (eBay about ?40) which improve your options, plus, you can still mount Ventura 'L' Brackets.

H&B option mentioned above is superb.

Hi Dom, welcome to the site. BMW luggage fits on without the need for pegs, lots of previous threads on it.
Great to have you here.

JimmyMac

Spot on thanks very much folks

I don't really need a pillion seat & a lot of the luggage I've been looking at SW motech etc use the peg hangers. I'll have a look at H&B and the BMW stuff.
Thanks again.
Sorry if this has been done before bye the way.

P.S I have got lots of other questions but I'll post them in the proper place

Hey Dom, unlike other sites filled with guys ready to jump down your throat at the slightest mention of a well asked question, here is very different.
No such thing as a daft question and you don't need to apologise for asking anything. Only ever been one erse on here and he was banned very quickly.

Ask as much as you want my friend but be wary of StuartB he will undoubtedly ask for a picture of your sister.

JimmyMac

Ha Ha

I had a factory tour of BMW Motorrad about 3-4 years ago in Berlin. My sister used to work there (Not for BMW) so I booked this factory tour, only thing was it was in German. So I dragged her along to try and translate. She was neither use nor ornament all as she kept saying was "everythings very clean", I thought well I can see that.
At least she got to have a sit on a HP4 Carbon.

That's just what i'm looking for I was looking over my bike today and there's nothing really to tie down to thanks for that.

Next question that I'm stumped with is rear brake pedal adjustement: There isn't any mention in the manual on how to do this (I could do with it raising). Could anyone point me in the right direction?

If I'm going of on a tangent please let me know and I'll post this in another part of the forum.

Thanks for any help

Back