New member looking for my first BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil5489

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is neil. I've just sold my zx6r and I'm finally making the move up to a litre bike. S1000rr here I come!!

Welcome to the forum Neil!

My S1K was my first litre bike, and was without a doubt the right choice, I can't recommend one highly enough.

Enjoy the forum :).

Oli

Thanks chaps. I've not even had a go of one yet but from what I've read I know I want one. I've sat on a few and I can't believe how small they are for a 1000cc bike

Welcome Neil, you'll find the S1K easy to manage, comfortable and a tad quicker than your ZX6, which one are you going for?

It's going to be a gen 1. I've only got about ?7500 to spend. But I could go a little bit more. I know its scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit. But I've just bought a Range Rover and it's all I can afford lol.

Nothing wrong with a gen 1 Neil, you'll love it, all I would say is that if you'd bought a 320d rather than a Range Rover the amount you'd have saved in fuel would have allowed you to buy a new Sthou!

Very true. But as little by as I can find a nice example within my budget I think it'll be a great compromise. The prices are all over the frigging place though. I've seen a 12 plate at ?7000 and last night I spotted a 2010 for ?9495

Thanks chaps. I've not even had a go of one yet but from what I've read I know I want one. I've sat on a few and I can't believe how small they are for a 1000cc bike

Welcome mate, I bought my gen1 without ever riding one although I remember sitting on one and dreaming of ownership one day whilst at the NEC show. It may look small but is surprisingly roomy compared to my R1, I'm 6'2" and have plenty of room to move about. After your first ride you'll realise that these bikes are something else :joyous:

Welcome!

Everyone asks me if my bike is a 600cc cause of the size haha.

Welcome, I remember getting off my daytona 650 and feeling like the s1000rr was a 125 haha, then I bought it!

Latest posts

Back