New Guy in Guernsey

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad2ride

Reaction score
Hello All,

I joined this site because I'm very close to getting a new S1krr. I've been riding street bikes for about 33years. This will be my 3rd BMW. I had a K75s many years ago and right now I have a K1200s.

I went with the big bike because I thought I could have some sportiness with utility when needed. I ride my bike every day to work so I need to carry things from time to time. I found however, that most of the time I just had everything in my backpack.

So, I think I can sacrifice some utility for more thrills. I will be getting the Blaze pannier system for the odd days that I need to carry more or when going away for longer trips. I know a lot of folks are going to grown when they read that and I'm not thrilled with the look either but if it keeps me out of the car and on my bike so be it.

I have a colleague with a KTM RC1190 that is always harassing me when I show up to work with panniers on my K bike but he takes his car any time it rains or he needs to carry something.

well, I'm looking forward to learning all I can from this site and I hope eventually to be able to pass on some help.

Hello and welcome, won't take you long to get round guernsey on a S1000 :race2_smilie:

Back