New engine 2010 model

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glyncoman

Reaction score
Hi
Just purchased a second hand S1000RR, which had a new engine fitted under warranty, when she had done 4000mls. Spoke to the dealers who carried out the work prior to purchasing the bike, they said owner complained of a smoking engine, dealer asked BMW if they would like them to investigate, BMW said no we will send you a new engine and you send the smoking one back to us. The new engine has done aprox 3000mls with the warranty running out in a few days; I've been given the option to extend the warranty by 12 months by BMW for £300.
Do you think the problem the first engine has been sorted on the new engine.
Anybody out there had similar problems? Any light on this subject much appreciated!

Cheers

Glyncoman

Check what the extended warranty covers before making a decision, as far as I am aware it is not anywhere near as extensive as the original warranty. I have a problem with an exhaust rattle at the moment and when I took it in to the dealer I have been told that the exhaust is not covered under my extended dealer warranty. Pissed off :mad:

You summed it up yourself when you said"the first engine had a problem"
Why should the second one have a problem?
There are thousands out there without problems-save your money(but if it did go pop don't blame me!)

See my post my 2011 started smoking heavily on start up over the weekend and is off to dealer tomorrow. Only done 7000 miles

I had my engine replaced under warranty. 2010 model. They didn't offer any extension to my overall warranty, which I wouldn't have taken as its now purely a track bike.

BUT..... Check with the dealer, I'm fairly sure they give you a new 2 year warranty on the new engine. Someone from BMW mentioned this to me when I was waiting for mine to be done.

Phooey.

Latest posts

Back