Never been pdi checked. Any advise please ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Reaction score
I've bought a 2015 with no mileage bike that has not been pdi checked in the service book as it was going to be a race bike but never got used . Could anyone advise me what the pdi check would of involved and should I get mine done before I ride it? I am quite ok to do normal checks like oil and pressure etc. Also I suppose I had better check for recalls . Thanks .

Yeh it will. I'm itching to ride it and it's a lovely day but better speak to them first. Anybody know if they will have to ride it as part of the pdi. I'd love to be the first and only person to ride it.

You can ask them not to ride it, i know people with 0 miles bikes where the PDI has been completed without them riding it. I think its just a series of checks on battery, levels tolerance in clutch lever etc.

Perhaps this could mean a non uk bike??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PDI is usually a checklist of things to do after taking the bike out of the crate, as well as checking all fluids they put some petrol in it, fire it up and check lights, brakes, horn chain tension, etc. similar to MOT and also bolt on any parts that were in the crate but not fitted, this could include mirrors, screens and stuff that increases the crate size unnecessarily.

For service record (warranty) purposes I would let a dealer do it although its not rocket science.

Enjoy your new bike Peter.

JimmyMac

Ocean BMW Plymouth want ?150 for pdi !

As per title. Ocean BMW Plymouth want ?150 for pdi !
anyne work for a BMW garage confirm this is the going rate ?

Re: Ocean BMW Plymouth want ?150 for pdi !

As per title. Ocean BMW Plymouth want ?150 for pdi !
anyne work for a BMW garage confirm this is the going rate ?

May be worthwhile asking the dealer if that is when the warranty will run from if they do it.

Barnstormer in Maidenhead would charge ?63.00. Wow !
?150 from Ocean

Incredible the variation in the exact same work??????? Ocean seem to be a bit short sighted as Im sure the 600 mile and subsequent services would be getting carried out by the person who is best for the PDI.

Have heard some really good press about Bahnstormers, seems it could be well founded.

JimmyMac

I managed to 'negotiate' with Ocean to get it done for ?103. There is a bit more to the story but I don't think I'll put it up on here but feel free to PM me if anybody wants to know.

I'm surprised the bike was let out with out a pdi, i thought the price of pdi was all in the price of bike?

PDI Check

If you order one specifically for race use it will arrive in the crate with no PDI as its not needed. It will then be delivered straight to the race team who will normally strip it and then rebuild it to race specification.

Latest posts

Back