My S1000RR is finally here

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, put the lightech axle sliders and paddock spools on. The rear indicators feel very flimsy, one is actually loose and will need to see the dealer about it as it may actually be broken?!

No way, where are you Loupe? I feel for you- must be massively frustrating!

I guess it doesn't help to report that the weather's blinding down here in London?

Lol yeah thanks for that! Snow thawed today so may get out on Sunday.
Im in the highlands, awesome roads when you can get to ride on them.

Just got in from a 60 mile ride its the third time on the bike and have done 250 miles so far and have to say its awsome much better than my 2012 bike im well happy

Making me jealous, think ill dust down mine tonight. Again.
Might even switch the ignition on and watch the Rev counter bounce.
Damn you weather!

The manual said to run it at under something like 6k revs for the first 100 miles? Didn't read that bit till after I hit it off the 9k limiter. Be like driving miss daisy at those revs.

Up to 7000 RPM for the first 300km. This gives 105 MPH in top. then up to 9000 RPM until 100km, this gives 125 MPH in top or there abouts, no too shappy.

Road test tday, 12c and dry but bloody traffic!! Limiter was off but no slick mode. In race, throttle response not as direct as mine (can only compare to mine, 2010 pc5 no cat) must be the fly by wire as opposed to direct. Anti wheelie lot smoother, pick up similar (I'm running 16-46) auto downshift good off throttle but delay if changing down to overtake, better on clutch changing down for instant power(overtakes) Needs more pressure on lever to change down than change up, top of my foot was sore after hr and a half (had it in race shift) all clutchless changes appeared to work much better at high revs. Brakes are frickin awesome, lifting the rear wheel only got me halfway up the scale lol ! My biggest concern is the 'box, after 5yrs of production with the depth of bmw knowledge and technology why they can't replicate the likes of Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki with a slick box?, at least I didn't get the usual false neutral lol. Guess you can't please all the people all the time, wanted to compare with the new R1 but no demonstrators available? Can imagine the user pro or whatever it is would be very handy to dial in individual ways of set up.

Latest posts

Back