My S1000RR is finally here

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice footrests and levers there mate!! I had these on the demonstrator I took out, make a real difference to the look but I couldn't fork out the extra mullah required for them.

Sorry, in response to budgies post this was

Picked mine up too- what a fantastic machine, beautiful to ride.

xNfGwQQ.jpg

Looks mint that mate, you get any extras on her??

All the options except forged wheels- I figure I can pick them up later, and it's dead useful to have a spare set of wheels for trackdays, tyre changes etc.

Also got BMW to fit a tracker, datatag etc, and have a smartwater kit arriving today.

Need to decide about gap insurance today- seems like a no brainer at the moment.

I've got the cast Wheels and I think yours look a lot better. I can tell one thing, the standard wheels are a darn sight easier to clean. HP4 wheels are a complete nightmare to clean. Perhaps that's why they are matt black!

Your bike does does look the bollocks in black though.

Typical. Started snowing as soon as I got home. Roads were wet and greasy but bike felt nice and QS works well. Doesn't take much to hit the 9k limiter so need to get the miles on to see what it can really do.

I've got the cast Wheels and I think yours look a lot better. I can tell one thing, the standard wheels are a darn sight easier to clean. HP4 wheels are a complete nightmare to clean. Perhaps that's why they are matt black!

Your bike does does look the bollocks in black though.

Get them painted ames them a lot easier to clean

Do the mirrors fold in? Didn't want to force them and my manual is still with the dealer.

Do the mirrors fold in? Didn't want to force them and my manual is still with the dealer.

They sure do- nice and easy too. A little long though and clash with hands when you take them off the bars.

I'm going to remove mine anyway, makes for much easier filtering, and I use a Reevu lid for checking my six for plod!

Nice one Loupe. Took mine back to the dealers today to have the Shift-Assist looked at. Needs a good prod for it to work which I questioned with them. Tech took it for a spin and said nothing to worry about. How did you find yours?

Thanks re mirrors, I'll try again tomorrow, did think it would be odd if they didn't but I did use a bit of force and didn't budge?!

I found mine a bit temperamental but I put it down to me trying race shift for the first time, you got to shut the throttle right off for the down shifts ,that takes a bit of getting used to so a few times i missed going down s gear coz of that lol

Nice one Loupe. Took mine back to the dealers today to have the Shift-Assist looked at. Needs a good prod for it to work which I questioned with them. Tech took it for a spin and said nothing to worry about. How did you find yours?
Yes I know what you mean about the gear change, felt a little odd on downshifts for the first while but I soon got used to how much pressure to apply.
(It felt easier when using the clutch)
Was a bit of a fumble finding neutral but I'm guessing it's just getting the knack for that too as it got easier on my 35 mile journey.
Dealer put it in rain mode for me,I was expecting a bit of an animal so was happy that he did but I switched to race mode almost straight away as it was such a joy to ride. Can't wait to try the other modes and lift the limiter now.
QS works very well, and was pinning it on some up shifts and brought a smile to my face even in the crap conditions! Felt traction on one of the straights as I rolled it on, bit of a weird feeling almost like a slipping clutch.
Need to get my manual as I'm dying to find everything out about it.

On all my previous bikes I pre-pressure the shift lever before clutching in, and then the gear pops in. It's taking me time to get used to the BMW because you can't do that- as soon as you touch the lever the quickshifter jumps in and boom. And thanks to muscle memory I'm still pulling in the clutch even though the shift has happened. Lurchy lurchy.

I'll get used to it though.

I'm still wary of quickshifters after seeing a lot of borked gearboxes in the past. I might use the clutch for a few months and see if anyone else's blows up :D

I've never had a QS but always up shifted on my blade without clutch when on a run so it wasn't a totally new way of shifting for me. Only had a short run but no probs with using it. Only difference now being I can pin it and shift. Great feeling lol

I've been using a Translogic QS on a K8 1000 road and track for a few years now. The beemers QS is better (smoother if you like), but this down shift malarky is something else.

Back