My M1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, looks brilliant.

Were you not tempted to buy a complete trackbike from Alpha? Given that you buy most of the bits anyway, this had got to be more cost effective?
I could have done, but I quite like building my own track bikes. The alpha Racing bikes start at €44,900 (excl VAT an Import Charges) which actually makes them quite expensive for UK based customers.

I could have done, but I quite like building my own track bikes. The alpha Racing bikes start at €44,900 (excl VAT an Import Charges) which actually makes them quite expensive for UK based customers.
£38k does seem way too much. The alternative is to be able to buy the "blanks" direct from BMW. BMW sell Alpha a basic chassis and engine which Alpha then build up

For perspective to build a competitive BMW British STK1000 race bike your looking at £50-60k.

@fast_ryan I have a question:
Is it 2024 model ?
Did you own the previous one ?
If so, can you summarize the differences ?
Cause I only drove 500 Km on the 2021 model.
I notices that the new one has wider firing and you sit inside the bike and not above it.

(I don;t mean cosmetic differences...)

I totally understand that Fella I just think the Gen 4 cries out for that piece, Whether it's the OEM box or a full decat Akra.
Good job it’s not a Gen 4 then! The M already has enough carbon fibre as standard!

Is the latest bike known as a Gen 5 then? Either way, it just looks unfinished imho.
I was considering an M1000rr but that was one of the reasons I went for my HP4 Race as from new by the time you add the stuff needed to make it look like a Superbike it's over 40k quite easily......

What Ryan is saying is, the M1000RR is a K66. The S1000RR is a K67. They are, officially, not the same. This is effectively the Gen 2 MRR as it's the 2nd version of the K66. The XR/R/RR/MRR are all different models.

Yep I realise that Fella. I know the M was revised from last year, Thus becoming a Gen 2 K66.
My point about the fairing of all Gen 4 S & 1/2 M variants for me stands, That the bike looks unfinished without the ilmberger Bellypan.

That's every single version, because BMW will not cover the cat for heat reasons.

Latest posts

Back