Motomillion M1000RR troubles

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I asked bmw about fitting the akra de-cat, they seemed to think there was no issues with warranty since it was genuine akra to supliment the akra sports that came with the bike. I also thought it was a no brainer taking out the 5 year service plan to save me any hassle with any servicing!

The steer I had on exhausts from the dealer was, if it's unrelated and good quality they wouldn't bring it up with BMW.
An exhaust cannot cause a bearing to fail.
Well the dealer told me it would 'probably be ok' to change the exhaust. But BMW often ask for pictures of both sides of the bike, when there's a warranty claim. Why do you think that is? And the dealer wouldn't put that in an email. I've had full systems on lots of bikes in the past, but not since I bought my first new S1000RR in 2013. IMO BMW got the extra performance over the Jap stuff in 2010 by pushing the engine closer to it's limits. And perhaps the Gen4 was pushed a bit too far.

When I asked bmw about fitting the akra de-cat, they seemed to think there was no issues with warranty since it was genuine akra to supliment the akra sports that came with the bike. I also thought it was a no brainer taking out the 5 year service plan to save me any hassle with any servicing!
Did you ask a dealer, or BMW Motorrad.

Was with BMW Motorrad. I sourced the de-cat and booked in with them a service and fitting. The bike was pretty much new.
I'm not referring to a BMW dealer, I mean BMW Motorrad UK. As I very much doubt they would approve removing the catalytic convertors. And ultimately it's them that ponies up for warranty work.

The BMW Motorrad guys I got the bike from seemed decent and honest! Will that change should I need a warranty claim is another thing! But I’d like to give them the benefit of doubt. They do seem genuine! This is Motorrad Bhanstomer in Maidenhead btw.

Get a Bahnstormer manager to put in writing that your de-cat will be road legal, and wont invalidate any warranty.

yeah he forgot to mention the bren tune,i thought it was stock,apart from exhaust etc,thats a tad misleading of him,fingers crossed my motor will be good

Pays ya money and makes ya choice .... manufacturers spend millions on R&D to produce these machines, no wonder they throw out claims when ppl think they know better? If you produced a product and someone changed the design and fkd it up, would you honour a guarantee?
'Kin sure I wouldn't

Pays ya money and makes ya choice .... manufacturers spend millions on R&D to produce these machines, no wonder they throw out claims when ppl think they know better? If you produced a product and someone changed the design and fkd it up, would you honour a guarantee?
'Kin sure I wouldn't
I've said similar on yank forums, and posters quote the Magnuson-Moss warranty act, and say they can do whatever they like to their bikes. It seems BMW are clamping down on the hard of thinking now, and the likes of motomillion are crying about it.

Last edited:
So the individual fits a load of modifications to the airbox; changes velocity stacks; relocates parts that don’t need relocating and alters the ECU (including changes to ignition tables and mapping) with a dubious flash… and then wonders why a race homologated engine goes pop.

So the individual fits a load of modifications to the airbox; changes velocity stacks; relocates parts that don’t need relocating and alters the ECU (including changes to ignition tables and mapping) with a dubious flash… and then wonders why a race homologated engine goes pop.
It's amazing how they missed out all that detail :rolleyes:

Regardless of the run in minimum, what makes anyone think they can do the very minimum run in and then make a load of unauthorised race engine tune changes, and then do max power dyno runs with no further bedding in? Zero, and I mean ZERO, sympathy. It’s actions like this that increase costs for the rest of us.
I see he’s trying to drum up sympathy on his YouTube channel.

My main dealer removed my limiter at 360 miles as in manual 350 is the min for M1000rr that’s the min mileage for a first service … so no issues ..

Latest posts

Back