My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I covered 105 miles this afternoon. Putting some miles on ready for 1st service. The all round ability of this bike is fantaaaaaaaasssstic.

And here's my loom woes before the lock stop's meet.

Last edited:
Loads of mechanical noises (Rattles) from the engine (May disappear with the 1st service oil change). Makes a Jap engine sound serene lol.

I thought that about my 2013 bike when i first rode it. compared to my GSXR the S1K is a rattly sounding lump!

Yes same on mine on full lock. Just have to get the elbow down for more Lean on left hand turns :calm:

Doh! Make that right hand turns lol if I'm getting my left elbow down on right handlers I'm in trouble :scooter:

Just picked the bike up ,throttle feels very light ,pegs feel higher, the downshift is very spongy ,
mind you it was only 2 mile , but realy pleased with it , :peaceful:

You should of told the dealer not to ride or put any miles on when they pdi it , got mine with 0 miles on

7 miles they put on it, and after valeting it so there's the white chain lube on the back rim now, nevermind. I went to check it over today before they deliver it tomorrow.

Tinted high screen fitted for free and they discounted that too, fitted my Evotech tail tidy for free, delivery for free and I asked about the cost of a tank pad, he told me about ?35 so I laughed at that. With that, the other sales bloke said "I've got one in my desk you can have" so I asked them to fit it...and straight!!

I checked the right lock on my bike and sure enough it hits the wiring before it hits the stop. He checked the managers bike which had done some mileage, that hit the stop but the wiring was compressed where it made contact with the fork and so allowed it to hit the stop. He said he would get it checked and see if the lwiring could be moved in any way.

All in all couldn't fault the service I got from the dealership, can't wait to get it tomorrow.

I've put 340 miles on mine now. The bike is getting better with every mile now and is beginning to losen up nicely. Booked the service for the end of month so will be going out again today.
See if I can put some more photo's up later of my steed.

Mine has Datatag and I never asked for it. Good point...

Latest posts

Back