Mileage service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westy

Reaction score
Hi all,

My s1krr has now reached 3,100 miles in the 6 weeks I have had it.

It had its first service at 580 miles which is just the filter change and different oil post the run in.

Would anyone please like to suggest if there would be a benefit from a oil & filter change prior to using the bike less over winter, I'm thinking there might be metal on the sump plug from its short duration time high usage since first service

Would undertaking an oil change hinder my BMW warranty?

Can anyone provide a link to BMW OEM oil and filters for the s1k ?

Edit 1
Found
http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk...00s-k1200r-k1300s-k1300r-k1200gt-k1300gt.html
Any other alternatives?

Regards
Dave

Last edited:
Oil & Filter

I change my oil and filter at the start of each season regardless of mileage and then again every 3 or 4 trackdays. My local BMW dealership is aware of the frequency that I change my oil and have no issue regarding warranty. I always use an OEM oil filter and either Castrol or Motul oil.

Re: Oil & Filter

I change my oil and filter at the start of each season regardless of mileage and then again every 3 or 4 trackdays. My local BMW dealership is aware of the frequency that I change my oil and have no issue regarding warranty. I always use an OEM oil filter and either Castrol or Motul oil.

Thanks, OEM oil filters picked up yesterday.
As per PM would appreciate a suggestion of favourite / decent 5w40 oil and I will use that for a change later in the week.

defo go for the motul 300v mate , you won't get better oil , and you get a discount through the forum with opie oils.

Oil

You can't really go wrong with Castrol, Motul or Silkolene. I normally just use Castrol Power 1 Racing or Motul 300V Factory Line. I don't really have a preference as I'm changing oil that frequently that I just go for whichever one is cheaper at the time of ordering.

Re: Oil

for my zx6r i use silkolene race t, fully synthetic, is it any good for the beamer?

Latest posts

Back