Michelin pilot road 4's

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notgreen

Reaction score
Just about to get my 2016 bike. Anyone know where I can get a swap on the tyres that the bike comes with for some Michelin pilot road 4's!?

Have you asked the supplying dealer?
Mine are swapping to Bridgestone S21's for me and will only charge for difference in price between the ones it comes with and the Bridgestones

The dealer will fit anything you like if you pay/supply. I doubt they will do a swap with anything that isn't OEM though.
I'd probably bite the bullet (if they won't play nice) and just get the tyres you want delivered to them and ask them to put them on (giving you the old S21's to sell).

The dealer will fit anything you like if you pay/supply. I doubt they will do a swap with anything that isn't OEM though.
I'd probably bite the bullet (if they won't play nice) and just get the tyres you want delivered to them and ask them to put them on (giving you the old S21's to sell).

My post may have read wrong.
The dealer have agreed to swap the tyres from Metzeler Racetec K3's to Bridgestone S21's should the bike arrive with the Metzelers on.
Will only charge me for any price difference between the two brands

MCM rated the Michelin Pilot 4 GT and Pilot Power 3 6th in a test it did recently the Metzeler M7 Sportec RR tested on a S1000RR came first and the Metzeler Roadtec 01 came first on a R1200RS. I had Michelin Road Pilots on my K1300 sport as the dealer recommended them for wet weather riding and slower wear so was thinking of going down the same route when my tyres needed changing on my RR, now I'm not so sure.

I am trialing a set of Metzeler Roadtec 01's at the moment, 700 miles on them so far and they have been excellent :)

If you do go down the route of the Michelin Pilot 4's you do not need the GT version. this stands for Grande Touring and is meant for heavier sports tourers like i had on my old VFR1200F.

Latest posts

Back