MCN Scottish Motorcycle Show

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to go but am working Saturday and it's the wee man's 4th birthday party on Sunday, went last year , was good .

I'm giving it a miss, it's getting like a big jumble sale, prefer the NEC.
I'd rather stick a hedgehog up ma japs eye.

JimmyMac

I'm giving it a miss, it's getting like a big jumble sale, prefer the NEC.
I'd rather stick a hedgehog up ma japs eye.

JimmyMac

Yeah I've heard it's not great. My pal is just about to go through is Direct Access so figured this is the best place to get him trying on all the different helmets to see what fits and have a sit on a few bikes.

I'm just wanting a sit on the Honda Grom! I think they're class lol.

Certi, be careful if your pal is buying a helmet and ask the seller to PROVE the year of manufacturing by showing you the date on either the chin strap or inside the shell. I have seen 12 year old helmets getting offered by the sellers at the show who are clearly business owners and not bikers themselves. Some of them buy bulk amount of helmets from companies who won't send them out to the shops as they are well past their recommended age for use.

Enjoy the show.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Certi, be careful if your pal is buying a helmet and ask the seller to PROVE the year of manufacturing by showing you the date on either the chin strap or inside the shell. I have seen 12 year old helmets getting offered by the sellers at the show who are clearly business owners and not bikers themselves. Some of them buy bulk amount of helmets from companies who won't send them out to the shops as they are well past their recommended age for use.

Enjoy the show.

JimmyMac
Good advice that Jimmy.. would never have thought.

Sent from Galaxy S7

It seems like a life time since I was last at a bike show so making the effort this weekend to go and see what all the new competition has to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not been for a few years as it was starting to go downhill but going to take a run through shortly to see if any improvement

Just back from the show, it was ok!! good to see the new blade in the flesh it feels small though, some good deals to be had on tyres, Kevin Carmichael &Terry Grant put on a good show.

Blades have always been small. My mates RR10 looks tiny particularly from the rear.. theres nothing to it !..

Sent from Galaxy S7

I love the look from a distance, until you actually touch it, and its flimsy as hell. I mean I know there's weight saving but it didn't feel like traditional Honda build quality to me. There's too many compromises too. As someone else on here once said, I for one rarely take the missus on the back, but we do sometimes and I want the option to do so. Unless you buy the base blade you can't do that. They made some curious choices.

Last edited:
Just back from the show.. met a few bodies I know and bumped into Malic.
476bcaa1c9de39322202baf14fad5b96.jpg
48868497f60ebaa9eaf9d20d77fad66c.jpg
64f0d2a43ba893dd0944a3865f283989.jpg
fae90d0ab7db8f72e770c24db45f9e2a.jpg
8d50671ddcbf227f74ec69553891f76e.jpg
ab32af3d0185bd76e58c8d5460379806.jpg
5958db0d79bb0e2c597063892c92471c.jpg
My first 250... exactly the same as this, bought it new from Bill Flemings Springburn August 1980....I then had it painted in Dunstall Suzuki Colours...loved my X7
bf9b575e6d98cac3631bc084a3be96c2.jpg
ab25327d4d967a93853d157bd185fd9b.jpg

All in not a bad day out... that classic section is really big now

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Missed it this year for the first time in about 8/9 years as I'm in Daytona Beach Florida for Bike Week. It has been pretty poor the last few years but it is a good place to meet up with your mates and have a seat on the bikes , plus if you don't support it , it'll disappear and won't come back.

Latest posts

Back