MCN Scottish Motorcycle Show

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed it this year for the first time in about 8/9 years as I'm in Daytona Beach Florida for Bike Week.

Rub it in neebor, it's bad enough that I'm getting face times from my two telling me how hot it is.
Enjoy yourselves mate and tell Kevin to enjoy the parks when youse get there, mines are Disney'd oot their nut, lol.

JimmyMac

Rub it in neebor, it's bad enough that I'm getting face times from my two telling me how hot it is.
Enjoy yourselves mate and tell Kevin to enjoy the parks when youse get there, mines are Disney'd oot their nut, lol.

JimmyMac

Will do mate , thanks. It's absolutely brilliant, atmosphere and vibe is amazing. Loads of really nice bikes and birds :congratulatory:

So you've no bumped into my two yet, lol.

JimmyMac

Might have done Jimmy, a gentleman never tells ;) . Had my 1st ride of a Harley today up at the Speedway, they're worse than I thought they'd be ! Gearbox is positively agricultural, or am I just used to modern stuff ? Would definitely never buy one , they are nice to look at but that's where it ends for me.

Might have done Jimmy, a gentleman never tells ;) . Had my 1st ride of a Harley today up at the Speedway, they're worse than I thought they'd be ! Gearbox is positively agricultural, or am I just used to modern stuff ? Would definitely never buy one , they are nice to look at but that's where it ends for me.

Horses for courses, but I'm no even keen on the looks.

JimmyMac

Horses for courses, but I'm no even keen on the looks.

JimmyMac

Some of the ones I've seen here are amazing and sound like the devil clearing his throat ! They don't do stock bikes , everything is customised to the max. Baggers and a big front wheel seem to be the bikes of choice. Big front wheel bikes are about $40-50k ! Loads of them have big trucks as well to ferry them about and they are really expensive as well.

I Hired an Electra Glide in Florida... it was like running about in a room and kitchen. My mate had a softail springer which was a bit more fun.

Agricultural is exactly right...I doubt ill ever buy one either.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Had my 1st ride of a Harley today up at the Speedway, they're worse than I thought they'd be ! Gearbox is positively agricultural, or am I just used to modern stuff ? Would definitely never buy one , they are nice to look at but that's where it ends for me.

Heres a video of an agricultural bike being ridden by a guy in a t-shirt, clearly in tune with his bike. But for how long?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ezf0MkCsFM

JimmyMac

That's a good demonstration of how to reduce life expectancy whilst riding.

Agreed, I once rode behind someone who had asking for ages to come out and ride with me. He rode like this on a Blackbird on the back roads to St Andrews and then asked me how I couldn't keep up on a sophisticated state of the art bike like the HP4. My answer was quite simply that I wanted to be able to ride tomorrow and all the days that follow. He still rides like this I have been told, but unsurprisingly ALONE, every biker that knows him gives him a very wide berth.
In common with this rider, he is also a jeans and t-shirt type of rider/statistic.

JimmyMac

Video is an eye opener for sure , defo some skills there. Must have just been me on the Harley then !

Think ill I'll stick to the sports bikes though :stung:

Back