Martin jessop/riders ex bsb/tt bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open to sensible offers chaps, if your in the market it’s a good one

you'd get a big chunk back quite quick if you broke it,and make more money over time,just depends if you could be arsed,i've broke 3 of the last 4 bm's i've had as people dont want to pay what they are "worth" as a whole,(obvioulsy it's subjective).plus it's quirte good fun taking a bike down to it's component parts.

I know your right, just a shame to strip a bike that’s so well put together and with a bit of history with it having competed at a high level at the tt,bsb,Macau with the frame stamp and so on. To be left with just a pile of parts would be heart breaking

yep get that,unfortunatley,sentiment means nothing to a buyer(nor most sellers ; ).look how long the MDunlop bmw has been up for sale,it's well specc'd up,but asking far too much for it looking at the condition of it,but guess he's hoping for "name" to sell it.
if you do decide to break it,i can give you a rough idea on parts prices,broke 2 bikes in the last 12 months,be nice if you didn't need to though

Wait and see. Thanks for your advice. Fingers crossed it tickles someone’s tastes buds.
I think the 1st person to view will buy as it wants for nothing and is in really good shape compared to others I’m seeing for sale

Motoforum

You may also want to try selling it on Motoforum. Your more likely to attract a buyer who is a racer or trackday rider and may be interested in buying the bike in its current state. The problem you may have in selling it quickly is you will be competing with sellers offering much more recent (2015+) examples, regardless of your bikes pedigree.

tbh i've found the various biking forums on facebook by far the best way of selling stuff,think motoforum will be finishing soon,looks ike the the guy ruinning it (lukewarmbeer) had left it to it's own devices now,and it doesn't get anywhere near the traffic it once did,shame as it was the place to go at 1 time to sell anything race/track related.

if your on f/book but not on any bike groups,add yorself to a few and get the bike up on there,also marketpalce on fbook,as lots of bikers look on there,plus it gets linked to all the other forums/groups your a memeber of,so 1 advert will do them all.

but as Ry says above,your up against a lot of other,newer bikes.

Latest posts

Back