Mainbeam and hazard warning switch needs replaced

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

scot657

Have rarely if ever used either and the switch has gone. A new one costs £170 apparently - ouch! Clearly inferior equipment! Anyone else with same problem?
Scot657

I had mine replaced under warranty and the one I have now still works but all the writing has faded off.
If you can find out how many have needed to be replaced and go through bmw customer services you might be able to get some goodwill towards it as it seems to be an inferior part?

Well fuck a fucking duck !!!!!!
My starter switch just died today ,these switches are proper shite , and just to cap it off they are not sure if its covered under the extended BMW warranty so can't look at it till Monday
Well at least it's not going to be sunny this weekend.......fucked off!
Think I can smell a new super duke!

Nope, original warranty.
Shouldn't matter though, a warranty is a warranty and its not a wear and tear item like pads or air filter.

TBH with you and as I've already said its really not good enough that these bikes are so fragile, i remember when folk used to take the piss out of Suzuki for there durability

Mine gave up on Sunday left hand indicator bike is not under warranty any more .
So in for a look and yes the switches are shit unplugged the wiring harness in the switch
Only to find water ingress in the plugs full of rust . Now I have had this bike just over a year
And its never got wet since I had it so where the water come from? Mine a 59 2010
So I am thinking the switches are not up for the job ? Just has well mine is only a toy so I don't
Have to use all weather's I think it would just fall apart
I hope this information helps

Mike

Hi,
Just had mine replaced under extended warranty for second time its an electrical control so it should be covered.

Just had the extended warranty letter through the door toady, so I gave them a call and asked if the switches are covered they said no. Shows what they know?

what have i bought into, only just got mine and praying i don't get this problem. what mileage's have your bikes done? Have they ever been out in the wet?

Sussex, don't worry about anything mate. Yours being a 2010 model so hopefully any issues that may have arisen will have been sorted out by now. You will always hear about problems with any vehicle, just luck of the draw sometimes. Nothing will detract from the fact the s1 is a superb machine, as the grin across my face never fails to remind me every time I take it out.

Just ride and enjoy. :)

Sussex, don't worry about anything mate. Yours being a 2010 model so hopefully any issues that may have arisen will have been sorted out by now. You will always hear about problems with any vehicle, just luck of the draw sometimes. Nothing will detract from the fact the s1 is a superb machine, as the grin across my face never fails to remind me every time I take it out.

Just ride and enjoy. :)

Cheers mate, this put a smile on my face!

Back