Lincolnshire ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
Thinking about moving from Cambridgeshire to east Lincolnshire where TBH the biking roads don't look that great, so am I wrong or should I sell up if I move. If I do sell what's my mint, late 2013, 7k miles 1000RR worth ? Had it from new and it's just had it's 3rd BMW service.

What Boston area? Assuming you're prepared to ride for more than a few minutes then you'll find Lincolnshire roads are brilliant for bikes and the S1K in particular, head north towards Louth, west towards Stamford/Bourne/Grantham and beyond that into Leicestershire between Grantham/Melton/Harborough.

Only roads I've driven on up there is the road from P'boro to Boston and then the road that goes on to Skegness, just seemed like bumpy old Fen roads. Where are the decent smooth biking roads ? Looked like Boston is a big traffic jam too.

Right, a couple of decent routes to try before you hang up your leathers(!), not necessarily all smooth but fun:

Route 1: Take A155 from Boston to Horncastle, continue up to Louth going past Cadwell Park (drop in & see if any track action on), take A631 to Market Rasen then A46 to Lincoln, A158 back to Horncastle then back to Boston

Route 2: From Boston take A52 to Osbournby, A15 to Bourne, A151 to Corby Glen, B1176 up to the A52 near Grantham. Drop into Chris Walker Kawasaki in Grantham for superb cafe, and see the H2R and some of his old race bikes on display, take A607 to Melton Mowbray then the B6047 towards Great Dalby, cross the A47 and continue towards Market Habrorough, pick up A47 to Corby then A43 to Stamford, Stamford to Bourne and back to Boston

The roads around Stamford and Bourne form part of the Performance Bikes test track and the B1176 and B6047 are often listed under 'great biking roads', it is a bit flat and featureless around Boston but it doesn't take long to get away from there and don't forget the best bike clothing and accessory store in the land, Sportsbikeshop, is based in Boston too :smile-new:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info Mac. My family moved out of London when I was 5, having been back a few times I wouldn't want to live there now under any circumstances.

Latest posts

Back