Leather cleaning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So I put leather cream (Nikswax) on my Jacket.. its left a whiteish colour on the grain... its difficult to remove..any ideas lads..

Sent from Galaxy S7

I use leather sofa cleaning wipes then nourishing wipes every so often,leathers still in excellent condition after 8 years. Baby wipes after every ride shift bugs and stuff,give a handful of them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try warming leathers up gently with a hairdryer first,might make the nikwax easier to shift.

Try warming leathers up gently with a hairdryer first,might make the nikwax easier to shift.

I can let you borrow mine Stuart, I know yours got made redundant in 1987.

I use Renapur cleaner on my leathers and then the wax, keeps them supple.

JimmyMac

Has anyone tried Johnson's dry cleaners to clean their leathers?
Clean mine every year with usual cleaner and then leather cream, although now the fabric sections looking a bit naff
Thought I might give them a treat and do a full clean
although it does seem pricey and they want my leathers for 1-2 weeks

Has anyone tried Johnson's dry cleaners to clean their leathers?
Clean mine every year with usual cleaner and then leather cream, although now the fabric sections looking a bit naff
Thought I might give them a treat and do a full clean
although it does seem pricey and they want my leathers for 1-2 weeks

they need them for that long because they'll send them away to be cleaned. The chemicals they'll use can't be used in built up areas like high streets due to H&S / EU regs. How much do they charge?

Dainese

Mine get cleaned a couple of times a year albeit they are a little scuffed in places...

The hairdryer method is bang on ..as I dont posses one thankfully daughter 2 is a hairdresser and wee Melanies got one.so got her onto it... worked a treat... brand new leathers and made a back and front of putting cream onto them.... CRIVVENS !

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Back