lean angle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tycos1000rr

Reaction score
Guys just a quick question what's the most lean angle your getting down at just curious?

Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 is fine/normal on the roads. I end up doing so many DC/M-Way trips that high 20's become the norm.

- Sent from Mobile

WHEN I HAVE MY BIKE ----- >30's on the early part of my commute.... then its a sprint to the next lights (which I win - smug smile) all the way into London ... 9 days and counting when I get it back.... But looking at that can be dangerous too.... but tempting

Last edited:
53 degrees on the Demo I tried
46 Degrees on mine max as of Saturday (Bury Hill, Houghton helped this on Saturday)
42 Degrees trying hard
28 max when commuting

Mines dependant on traffic as I've had a lack of quiet spirited rides so far in 2017

Loving the 63 Degrees, I wonder what the different in max angle is between a 190 and 200 rear?

35 on road, on track 59 right handers and 53 left handers. Keep forgetting to look before I switch it off as I use the key, trying not to wear out the kill switch prematurely lol

It stops reading at 65,before hitting the deck!
I have seen 61 in Spain without drama-usually if off-line,certainly not ideal..The gauge is useful as it encourages you to hang off the bike more.I try to keep the maximum to about 55.

Often get 43 deg with a pillion on board riding around on the roads, get my knee down on track from 45degrees

42-46 is the max I'll see on the road, and that's a properly spirited twisty side of Hartside run.

Further to this post, today I achieved a new high score of 52 on a right hander. Funny thing is I didn't actually feel like I was trying that hard today. My riding seems to be very influenced by my gear - full leathers today and I'm riding much better than yesterday in Kevlar jeans and leather jacket.

I've always suspected my righties were better than my lefties. Proof arrived with the new S1KRR.
Whilst I'm here, anyone able to translate the DTC and braking numbers?
Might as well be in furlongs and shillings for all it means to me.
wassat.jpg

Deceleration Formula Questions:
1) You are driving at 100 m/s and a cat runs out in front of your car. You stop rapidly, which takes 5 seconds, and miss the cat. What is your deceleration?
Answer: The initial velocity, v[SUB]i[/SUB] = 100 m/s. The final velocity, v[SUB]f[/SUB] = 0 m/s. The time, t = 5 sec.
d = (v[SUB]f[/SUB] - v[SUB]i[/SUB]) /t
d = (0 m/s - 100 m/s)/ 5 sec
d = -100m/s / 5 sec
d = - 20 m/s[SUP]2[/SUP]

Nice one Alex, thanks. So -25m/ss is actually proper anchor time! This little screen is gonna get addictive... I suppose trackday target then is 55 degrees each side, braking bar to the bottom, DTC bar to the top

Latest posts

Back