Dash question s1000rr 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hove

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just bought 2016 s1000rr made for the USA market imported in Europe. The problems is that I don?t have all the menus that should be for this model. I don?t have option to turn on lean angle for example, even in initial diagnostic of the dash when the key is turned on the area of the display that should be lean angle pixels is empty i will provide pics on first chance. Maybe something should be programmed or maybe there was some software intervention made since the bike is imported from the USA. What is your opinion, is official dealer be able to reprogram original software if its not there?

If its not even an option in the menu then that is strange.

Do you have DDC? (Electronic suspension) I'm checking the bike spec, base models used passive suspension.
Is the ECU the one it left the factory with (take the front tank cover off to access it).
Is SLICK mode available?
I don't think this setting needs the slick key but, do you have it, installed? Slick key is a red plug on the wiring loom which connects under the seat.

Thanks Alex for trying help me. Yes i have DDC, i?m not sure for the ECU but i think everything is stock, how to check if the ECU is genuine? Yes i have coding plug under my seat and on the dash i can select rain, sport, race and slick modes but not user. My bike?s VIN tells that the bike is equipped with the following packages:
182 Sa Dtc
222 Shift Assistant Pro
223 Dynamic Damper Control
224 Driving Mode Pro
275 Forged Wheel
519 Sa Htd Handles
538 Cruise Control
5AC Autom. High-beam Headlights Control

2016 ECU: BMW S1000RR (K46M?2), MJ 2015-16, BMS-X ECU.

I think USER Mode should be available.

Maybe its the clocks not the ecu [emoji848]

Clocks? I?trying to find out how to attach pictures in this forum, to show you what i have. Maybe for the conversion from usa to europe if its done such thing they reprogram the dash to meet europe?s requirements if it?s possible? But how to tell if the software is changed somehow?

Is it possible to buy some software like insa p and appropriate cables and do some cheks and coding by myself?

Can't think the clocks/dash would be any different pretty much worldwide...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can't think the clocks/dash would be any different pretty much worldwide...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Was just wondering if they were replacements from an earlier version.
Obviously we don't have US spec bikes here, maybe they have weird spec differences for legislative reasons.

Hove you'd need to be a Premier member (subscribe) to add photo's. Otherwise you'll have to host them yourself and put the links up.

Yeah, I thought from the initial description they couldn't find the option in the menu...thus had looked.

Latest posts

Back