Lean angle gone missing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stevie,

Can you disable it in the menu and the re-enable it?
See if that kicks it into life.

AKA: Turn it off and on again :D

Lean Angle Display

I had a similar issue at the end of last season where my lean angle display, along with some other information, disappeared from my dash. It would appear on the dash during initial start-up but once the engine was turned on it would disappear. The cause was a loose battery terminal and once tightened the problem never occurred again.

Lean Angle Display

Try checking the battery terminals and tighten if required.

Checked my battery and all is tight, using the bike and the lean angle is always missing for the first couple of starts, so I'm assuming a slightly low batt, will plug it in to the optimate and see if there's any difference.
The bikes got it's 2nd service in May so will see if Wollaston know anything

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry for invading this post, but I have had my s1000RR for a few weeks now and have never seen the lean angle on the dash.. ?
Does this need to be set up? Or do you require the Slick key to be in to see it? I have warranty on the bike but dont want to waste a Saturday having to take it in to my Local BMW Dealer when the only days I get at home are a Saturday and Sunday!

Lean Angle Display

You need to turn the display on in the setup menu. See pp111-112 of the Owner's Manual.

I have had 2 more software updates since posting and still has not fixed this issue. Apparently there is another software update. Honestly i would like the dealer to do something more than just updating the bike as they have been able to replicate the issue and seen it first hand

I am going to get this next software update and if it brings no joy I am just going to ask the dealer to keep the bike till they fix it and maybe speak with BMW...

I have had 2 more software updates since posting and still has not fixed this issue. Apparently there is another software update. Honestly i would like the dealer to do something more than just updating the bike as they have been able to replicate the issue and seen it first hand

I am going to get this next software update and if it brings no joy I am just going to ask the dealer to keep the bike till they fix it and maybe speak with BMW...
Aaaargh...sorry to hear you're still having the issue....as i mentioned earlier i had same issue on my '15 and the dealer witnessed it happening (along with multiple videos etc) ...they had a few "attempts" to fix it (software updates??) without success and then lost interest! Very annoying on such a premium bike. My guess is this issue might be current related (i.e. lack of) as many people have reported new battery solving the issue?? I notice the '17 bike has an uprated alternator...got me thinking maybe this was to fix all the electrical gremlins on the '15?? Hmmmm i wonder if the '17 alternator fits the '15??

Hi plugged the bike into the optimate overnight, used the bike the next day and lean angle display was there all day. So definitely a slightly low battery issue

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm just off the phone with the local dealer who had sent my video evidence to BMW. They (BMW) stated that the instrument cluster software is out of date and needs an upgrade, so its going in tomorrow to get that done.

But reading the posts on here, this still may not solve the issue.

Will update back...

Apparently the machine has had a software update on the clocks. Will have to monitor to see if the issue re-occurs

I'm just off the phone with the local dealer who had sent my video evidence to BMW. They (BMW) stated that the instrument cluster software is out of date and needs an upgrade, so its going in tomorrow to get that done.

But reading the posts on here, this still may not solve the issue.

Will update back...

I had the same issue, just had a service and software patch/update, there is a dealer bulletin regarding the issue, I've had no further problems.

Latest posts

Back