Knockhill yesterday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Any others there yesterday? Was a great day and the weather was almost rain free. Sun burn to prove it....

Was wandering about in the morning and passed the mechanic checking the bike over. Some set up for these guys and their lorries.
I also was surprised how young some of the racers were, they must have very understanding and wealthy parents!

I also was surprised how young some of the racers were, they must have very understanding and wealthy parents!

I was told by a racing buddy last year about a lad down on the south coast who rides in BSB who's parents buy his ride for him by funding the bike / team etc each year. I don't think he is unique in that setup. Same goes in car racing. If you've got the cash you can, I just don't think the sense of achievement and desire to win is going to be there if you haven't worked your way up the ranks and got sponsorship funding because you're worth it. Just my 2p.

Yes,time money and utter commitment. From the ones struggling to make it happen right up to money no object.

What age would these guys start racing anyway?
Some looked to be about 12 years old.

Was there as well was taking with one of the young guys on the small Ktm bikes he was 14 years old 👍👍

I was there all weekend and it was brilliant as per usual. The wee KTM cup bikes is for 13-17 year olds , I heard that on the pa. I expected more from the Tyco bikes this season and I'd imagine Phillip Neale did as well. Seeley is doing well in the stockers but it seems once you start to tinker with them that's when it doesn't go as expected. Kawasaki is THE bike to have in BSB and has been now for a few years , or is it just Shakey?

I don't follow it but was asked to go along and a im glad I did as I really enjoyed the day.
Another reason I went was to look at the layout as its my nearest track and a 6 hour round trip.
Shakey made it look effortless going around the track and hats off to the young boys giving it their all.

I was there all weekend and it was brilliant as per usual. The wee KTM cup bikes is for 13-17 year olds , I heard that on the pa. I expected more from the Tyco bikes this season and I'd imagine Phillip Neale did as well. Seeley is doing well in the stockers but it seems once you start to tinker with them that's when it doesn't go as expected. Kawasaki is THE bike to have in BSB and has been now for a few years , or is it just Shakey?

Kiyo proved the RR can hold it's own against the ZX10R *in BSB*. If you take PBM/Byrne out of the equation it's much more even between the manufacturers. It cannot be underestimated how much PBM would have gained from MotoGP exposure. Byrne isn't competing at a "higher" level because he wants to be in the UK with hi family, not travelling. They are the perfect combo for BSB, I can't see a challenger this year.

The ZX10R though, is clearly better at being good across a number of formulae. Superstock to WSBK can't be wrong.

We were in the F1 Sidecar race, had to start from the very back of the grid due being naughty at the previous round at Snetterton. This year we are the only team running a BMW S1000RRR motor in a sidecar. Anyway I managed to download the footage from the film crews onboard camera before they took it away for processing for the up and coming Motors TV show. If you are interested in watching the race from our perspective I've posted it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCTN4iZICSI Couldn't get the footage from the 2nd race as they took the camera off the bike before I could download it.

Back