Kawasaki ZZ-R1400/ZX14R to compliment S1000RR?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vteec

hello
I am looking into replacing my bmw f800gs with another bike that would be suitable to carry a pillion and take some luggage.

this will compliment my current s1000rr.

I was thinking of a 2007 Kawasaki zz-r1400 / zx14r.

I want to replace my f800gs because after getting my S1000, I feel like the 800gs is lazy to steer, power delivery etc.

what are your opinions on the ZZR? would it compliment the S1000?
is it too heavy and long?

I am saying 2007 because I found a mint local one and with the money I get from my f800gs I cannot get a 2012 for example.

thank you.
progress.gif

Yeah but don't buy one after 2010 cause you can't get hard luggage to fit, I had a 2010 and have to agree they go well and eat miles.

I bought a ZZR1400 new on an 07 plate. It was very comfortable with excellent brakes. My biggest gripe was the complete lack of torque from the motor. Needed to go down 2 gears to overtake cars, it was like a 2 stroke. This was coming off the back of a Busa which I had 3 years.
i do believe this was sorted on later models though.

Can't help you with the older model Zed. However the newer model, 2013 ZX-14R is awesome. I don't own my S1000RR anymore as I went down to one bike. The ZX-14R is all I have now.

thank you.
and how are your experiences when compared to the s1000 please?
is the bike still good in the quick changes in direction?

as for the 2007 version being gutless, i have read a number of threads on the removal of the secondary butterflies which would sort this out.. but you are absolutely correct, everybody says so about the pre 2008 models.

I know it sounds silly because the two are not comparable but after I had a 2012 r1200gs adventure, I said never again I would buy such a heavy bike.

but the zzr feels different even if almost identical weight. maybe cause lower.

the 1200gs adventure used to intimidate me big time.

Back