Just joined

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been on this site for a few months in the background and thought it was about time I said hello.
Currently a Fireblade owner but keen to try the S1000RR.
Ive read the reviews and some problems for these bikes and if I buy I'm looking for a 2012 model, which I think I'm right in saying that most problems are ironed out?
Looking forward to posting and learning all about them!

Welcome, I'm coming off a blade, waiting for a HP4. I still love the blade, in fact it's staying in my family my sons having it, but I just want to try something new. I love trying different bikes, it gets costly though !

I imagine it does! I'd like an HP4 eventually but I'll start with the standard one to see how I get on.
Are the 13 plate RR's any different to the 12 plates?

Thanks, I do like the graphite grey colour. Not so sure of the 2014 colours though.
Ive read on this form that the switchgear has been faulty,has this been revised for 12 onwards or is it still playing up?
Sorry for bombarding you all with questions, I'm not mechanically minded so any problems outwith a warranty will be costly.

my 2012 is fine but its only just over 1 year old with 3500 miles on the clock. although Russ on here has a 2012 with 18000 miles on the clock and he is on his thrid sump already

Hi and welcome....

Had several Blades over the years, my 929 was my favourite one and was sad to see it go but with 56k or so on the clock it was wearing out.

Yes there have been a few issues with the 2012, three sumps not withstanding. However apart from that it is the best bike I have ridden by far, and
so long as BMW keep on replacing the sump for free... happy day's.

Thanks guys, will start searching for one before the good weather kicks in.
I noticed cooper BMW have a 13 plate for just over £10k, which seems to be a fair price.
Only problem is I've never even sat on one before!

you will love it its more spacious than a blade and very comfortable and easy to ride and the power is mind blowing.

Yep, the BMW dealer doesn't have any at the moment and the nearest one to them is 4 hours away,
waiting patiently to get a test ride and see how I like it.

Latest posts

Back