Jerez 2020 Tracksense

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed this when I first ride it. Not as slick as my old l7 gixer thou. The Suzuki was adjustable on the dash as well. Will the alpha be plug and play when it comes out. If it's not already out.

I noticed this when I first ride it. Not as slick as my old l7 gixer thou. The Suzuki was adjustable on the dash as well. Will the alpha be plug and play when it comes out. If it's not already out.
It's out already. It's plug and play, but you will need to reset and recalibrate it using gs911. scooby says that it's possible to recalibrate without gs911 by doing the same procedure but I never tried it.

I definitely notice the spongy quickshifter as well on both the new S1000RR and the GS I'm using. They work but a bit unreliable in a similar way to the Ducati ones and you lose your trust for them under pressuer.

Great to see the bike is going well. How come you didn't fit your front suspension sensor from your gen 3?

Great to see the bike is going well. How come you didn't fit your front suspension sensor from your gen 3?

It's a long story. I'm supposed to be running Mupo now. But Italians (Mupo and Marzocchi) couldn't agree on a diameter of the fork caps, they are off by 0.5mm. So I'm running OEM until they send a replacement.

Last edited:
It's out already. It's plug and play, but you will need to reset and recalibrate it using gs911. scooby says that it's possible to recalibrate without gs911 by doing the same procedure but I never tried it.

Cheers, could this me done by the Dyno guy when he plugs it in ?
He adjusting throttle valves or something next time I go, he said that when you alter the fueling (which he's done) it then closes these off a bit.

1.54 actually.

Looking to improve into 1:51 in next 2 days.

The bike turns very easy, I'm excited.

Cheers, could this me done by the Dyno guy when he plugs it in ?
He adjusting throttle valves or something next time I go, he said that when you alter the fueling (which he's done) it then closes these off a bit.
No idea, better call and ask him if he has right electronic kit for Gen4

getting there at 54's on a new bike.if you haven't had any decent instruction there yet,get some,those couple of seconds will disappear easy enough,there a few little "secrets" there,that aren't rocket science,but once you get the line/throttle/turn in right,you pick up quite a bit of time

getting there at 54's on a new bike.if you haven't had any decent instruction there yet,get some,those couple of seconds will disappear easy enough,there a few little "secrets" there,that aren't rocket science,but once you get the line/throttle/turn in right,you pick up quite a bit of time

Off topic I know.............have you booked Nov?

just on another note, how are your front calipers holding up? i guess youve seen the other brake thread. probably worth checking yours as there doing more work than most have put them through so far. :)

Seems fine so far.

IMG_20200118_101044.jpg

IMG_20200118_101103.jpg

Nice !!! You got your bike up and ready pretty quick.
I'm leaving my gearing standard at least til I've ridden it at a track and then go from there.
So have played with the wheelie control at all ?
I'm getting my head around all electronics and finally found where wheelie control is set. It's at setting 2.

IMG_20200118_103044.jpg

That was the plan, unfortunately Scott Redding is fully booked and rain today didn't help either.

Few photos while waiting on track to dry up today

2D sensor mount on right side

IMG_20200119_113101.jpg

IMG_20200119_113107.jpg

Tank extender

IMG_20200119_113240.jpg

Lohmann QS

IMG_20200119_113235.jpg

Back