Jerez 15-17 April

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine went over the videos a bit more cause he couldn't understand why the front tucked. I was at Almeria/Andalucia with him fast group, ex-club racer, so he knows his stuff.

Anyway we've decided that I tucked the front because I DIDN'T open the throttle. Which is slightly counter-intuitive when you're in the moment. But basically if I'd taken the weight off the front forks and settled the bike at a continuous speed I would have been ok. If you check the rear facing camera of the crash and a normal fast lap its more obvious how off line I am and how I am normally on the throttle at the same point in the corner.

My take-away here is that usually I would wimp out and sit the bike up and sort it out that way...instead I was trying to get it round, adding more lean and keeping the forks compressed to make it turn. The first part was fine but I needed to crack the throttle to balance the load from to rear...or stand the bike a little and hang off more. Either way I inadvertently pushed the front too hard for the angle. V02's / KR10x's might have saved me, but equally I might not have learned as much...

I'll see if I can demo that all in the data.

A friend of mine went over the videos a bit more cause he couldn't understand why the front tucked. I was at Almeria/Andalucia with him fast group, ex-club racer, so he knows his stuff.

Anyway we've decided that I tucked the front because I DIDN'T open the throttle. Which is slightly counter-intuitive when you're in the moment. But basically if I'd taken the weight off the front forks and settled the bike at a continuous speed I would have been ok. If you check the rear facing camera of the crash and a normal fast lap its more obvious how off line I am and how I am normally on the throttle at the same point in the corner.

My take-away here is that usually I would wimp out and sit the bike up and sort it out that way...instead I was trying to get it round, adding more lean and keeping the forks compressed to make it turn. The first part was fine but I needed to crack the throttle to balance the load from to rear...or stand the bike a little and hang off more. Either way I inadvertently pushed the front too hard for the angle. V02's / KR10x's might have saved me, but equally I might not have learned as much...

I'll see if I can demo that all in the data.

Reminds me of a few years ago on the forum (may have been the yank one), a racer put up...." if you are going into a turn too hot and think you wont make it what do you do"? Well, after numerous answers the reply was..." more front brake and open the throttle, this will lower the front and raise the rear allowing it to turn better"

Last edited:
Heard someone say, 'you will never loose the front while on the Gas'.

James Whitham, doing commentary!

Its true, but of course when you've fluffed the entry its hard to get on the gas!

- Sent from Mobile

Yes, the talented git...one handed exits gassing it...whilst I struggle to stay upright!

Latest posts

Back