Jerez 15-17 April

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you're not hurt and the bike isn't badly damaged.
Can't imagine anything worse than lying in a foreign hospital bed.

Unfortunate crash Alex. Least your ok and the bike isn't in too much of a bad way.

On a positive note, the noise out of it is immense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A happier couple of laps behind Motovudu...

And this is the overlay of the two laps, Lean Angle, Speed, Throttle only.

204v205.JPG

It's mad
I read the twist of the wrist years ago and it helped me pick up my pace with having a slight throttle on through the bends but then I watched motovudu and as in the video he's instructing full off throttle going in then gently bringing it on. Basically having to re-learn what I taught myself

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

I watched motovudu and as in the video he's instructing full off throttle going in then gently bringing it on.

I prefer Simon's technique in 'most' corners but it only really works for me if I force myself to go in faster than I really want to. He kept saying to me the whole way through our day 'if you need to open the throttle to get to the apex then your entry speed is too low'. Makes sense, and the bike turns so much better with the throttle completely closed.

Twist of the wrist is my go to road riding technique though, late turn in (much more vision through the bend) and then roll throttle on through the corner.

How did you find they day Alex, apart from the obvious? Did you get much out of it? I managed to get down to 2:04s as well, going to try and go back later this year and nail sub 2:00!

I'll do a full review of my time with Simon in another thread. But I've always shut the throttle on entry, just too damned early...still :)

Re the throttle, in essence yes, though there are some nuances to be aware of.
If you see the graph below I've removed lean and added DTC + Grip Position for the 2:04 lap. 'Throttle' is the TPS value, Grip is the twist grip value. DTC is obviously a traction limitation.
The TPS is the output of GRIP POS, DTC and VELOCITY STACK SPEED algorithms.

In the picture below you can see I'm asking for 99% GRIP but receiving 91% TPS. Other times the twist grip is fully off but the engine braking requires the throttle to stay open a bit...

Other factors are that I was following a GSXR and the BMW was faster down the straights so I was often getting it wound up and then just following at a certain distance to the next braking zone.

But yes, on video you can see seconds go begging.

204throttleVgrip.JPG

I'll do a full review of my time with Simon in another thread. But I've always shut the throttle on entry, just too damned early...still :)

Re the throttle, in essence yes, though there are some nuances to be aware of.
If you see the graph below I've removed lean and added DTC + Grip Position for the 2:04 lap. 'Throttle' is the TPS value, Grip is the twist grip value. DTC is obviously a traction limitation.
The TPS is the output of GRIP POS, DTC and VELOCITY STACK SPEED algorithms.

In the picture below you can see I'm asking for 99% GRIP but receiving 91% TPS. Other times the twist grip is fully off but the engine braking requires the throttle to stay open a bit...

Other factors are that I was following a GSXR and the BMW was faster down the straights so I was often getting it wound up and then just following at a certain distance to the next braking zone.

But yes, on video you can see seconds go begging.

View attachment 2436

You lost me at the second paragraph :dejection: lol
It was a tongue in cheek statement buddy, looked pretty damn good to me, I'll leave algorithms etc to you youngsters :stupid:, I just like to ride :loyal:

:) I wanted to point that out anyway. I want to go back now and nail it on some V02's...

November? I'm itching to get back out to Spain, it's going to be a looooong few months til Montmelo in Sept

I can't commit to anything yet. I think I've blown to much money now to do anything else this year. I need to be very frugal and also I need the time off from work.
Even UK events are going to be thin on the ground.

I can't commit to anything yet. I think I've blown to much money now to do anything else this year. I need to be very frugal and also I need the time off from work.
Even UK events are going to be thin on the ground.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've been bitten now buddy :Banane33:

I was at Jerez, just before you on the 10th and 11th. Also on CompK Slicks as well for the majority of the time, no dramas but T2 started getting a uncomfortable on the front as time went on. Open pitlane was great, really allowed time to dial in settings. Swapped to V02s now as they happened to come up at a good price. Wont be back on track in southern Europe until end of the year, Estoril hopefully. Maybe give the V02s a bash at UK track soon.

I got a set of 212 gps and 2 sets of kr slicks to try and get through .which will see me through aragon next week and alcarrass later in the year. Might gove the vo2s a go next yr

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think the CompK's are responsible. I just think they have less margin for mistakes. If I'd hit my marks properly and ridden well you can do a sub 2min lap. But riders like me put varying loads on tyres mostly not enough but sometimes we ask too much due to getting it wrong. This is when I think the V02 might have had the ability to get me out of the shit :)

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back