Jerez 15-17 April

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear you're OK, duct tape & cable ties and get back on it :)

Rear brake should be OK, as long as it's fully off. I'd probably go out but go steady until I was sure it wasn't going to lock on or drag at all.

What happened? Where?

Cool ta. Tomorrow i will get back on the horse.

I'm in Cadiz at the beach for rest of today.

- Sent from Mobile

Lo-side T1 Right Hander. I asked too much of the CompK's at high angle. I fucked the corner entry, then tried to just get a little more angle to get around anyway...

Lesson learned.
Simon was really pleased with my riding out of the gate. He wasn't with me when I made the mistake.

- Sent from Mobile

So here are 2 data log traces.
The first is a standard lap, not quick but safe enough and fairly smooth. The grey line across the top is my lean angle. The bright blue line the suspension travel.
I think these are the two key factors, as where the break away happens I have more weight on the front (suspension travel) and 7degrees more lean.
I will post a clip of the crash when I have internet capable...

Turn1_ok.JPG

Turn1_bad.JPG

You got log data shot with my rider channels I prefer? :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not right this moment Paul. Will take a look, but in the meantime...

Last edited:
Tyre pressure??
Temp?
You didn't trust what the Muppet there put in did you??
There seemed no reason for that to fold.

I checked the pressures off the warmers earlier (but not that particular session) and they were within spec, at worst a pound lower than optimal.

Lower would not be a problem as you would get a nice splat of rubber.
Was that the session length??
Temp??
I can't work out how it's rebounding? Possibly too quick.

It was about 3 laps in. My line wasn't good. I think I may have tweaked the bars (turned) at a point when I should have left it alone.
Tyres had been baking for 40mins before hand that was the 4th session of the day.
Video is a trimmed edit.

Last edited:
55deg is a lot of lean and a hell of a lot more than it seems you were doing previously Alex...

You seemed to be trailing it in a bit harder on the last lap mate

You seemed to be trailing it in a bit harder on the last lap mate

I'll check all brake related fields as I'm fairly sure I didn't trail. But I did get my line wrong, for sure.

- Sent from Mobile

Was just looking at the fork compression compar3d to lap before mate. I could be wrong

The front was compressing more so more braking on the second lap. I'm guessing that you've gone in too hot, missed your line as you say, but tried to turn it whilst still on the brakes and the front has let go. Not a bad crash if there is such a thing.

Not right this moment Paul. Will take a look, but in the meantime...

Balls Alex. glad you're ok mate, bikes not too bad , nice video, bike sounds the business, shit happens , we fall off to learn from it. it f@#king sucks, hurts and usually costs a fair bit to put right but if it wasn't worth it we wouldn't do it.

The front was compressing more so more braking on the second lap. I'm guessing that you've gone in too hot, missed your line as you say, but tried to turn it whilst still on the brakes and the front has let go. Not a bad crash if there is such a thing.
Thats how i see it

I wasn't braking. Its squish from the weight of the bike through the forks into the tyre. Higher angle increases this load.
I took the wrong line and tried to get it done anyway.

Been out this morning. At a snails pace. Will try to recover some speed before packing up after lunch

- Sent from Mobile

e3695c04d5efb0dadcc261edbdd95fae.jpg

All done, in Malaga now (thats a long ass drive and ?20 in toll charges)

No new damage ;)

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back