insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BONEY

Reaction score
Anybody used Hastings Direct for bm insurance ? there quote is about £120 cheaper than any others i`ve had !
& what about legal protection ? Cheers

I never bother with the legal protection, plenty of companies out there willing to offer their services should the need arise.

I am with Devitts and its dear as fuck!!!!!!!!!!
I will be changing come changey time
I fucking hate insurance companies

Agreed, total rip off. Why oh fecking why cant they just offer you their best quote come renewal time? Why do you always have to hunt around before the company you are with suddenly comes up with a loyalty discount or some other shite! Really steams my clams.

Check the fine print, half the policies with the 'extras' aren't worth the paper their printed on. My helmet and leathers insurance only paid out a total of £320, which didn't even cover my helmet. :(

Anybody used Hastings Direct for bm insurance ? there quote is about £120 cheaper than any others i`ve had !
& what about legal protection ? Cheers

I have just renewed with them after they halved the piss taking renewal quote I got off BMW which is Devitt. Don't know what they are like generally but at 200 quid off I don't care.

Got rid of my Beemer now partly because the cheapest insurance quotation I could find was £1300 and the most expensive being around £9300!!!!

This is my new toy:
2013-03-27164959.jpg

Very nice. Love the 675R.

Just out of interest, how old are you, how many points on your licence and how many years ncb do you have?

Just renewed with MCE, £340 fully comp for 15 months and paid £50 to reduce my excess to £0

The 675 is a nice bike for sure and im pleased for you that youre insurance premiums are (obviously) lower.... but a BMW S1000 RR Sport it certainly 'aint!!! Think i will stick to my higher premiums and just live with it!! Good luck to you though.

Very nice. Love the 675R.

Just out of interest, how old are you, how many points on your licence and how many years ncb do you have?

I'm 33 with no points and unfortunatly I now have no NCB. I didn't realise you lost the lot if you didnt insure a bike within 2 years.

The 675 is a nice bike for sure and im pleased for you that youre insurance premiums are (obviously) lower.... but a BMW S1000 RR Sport it certainly 'aint!!! Think i will stick to my higher premiums and just live with it!! Good luck to you though.

Your right, it's not the s1000rr but at least I can now go for a ride. No use having the s1000rr if it just sits around to look at! ;)

im 46 clean licence, 4 years ncb but only passed in sept and I paid £950 ,, GUTTED

thanks for all replies, i`m 54 & have over 10years ncb H/direct want £188 while Devitts/Bm want £330 Bennetts £304 ,most web experts ? think legal protection is a waste of cash ! I think leather/helmet cover is a con as most i`ve seen is £750 ! I`ll save the money it will help pay Assen wsb trip end of april ! Cheers

42 clean licence, passed my test 2 years ago and have 2 years ncb paid £550 through M C E and just paid an extra £75 to add my Triumph sprint 1050 GT.

I was well ripped off no one would insure me I have clean license over 20 years no claims on 1000 cc sport bikes. Only BMW would do it for £700. I'm hopping it goes down next year.

license held for 5 years.

Zero no claims (first bike)

No garage - locked compound

Uninsurable apart from BMW Motorrad devit et al......... (they gave new riders a free year no claims)

£1300 fully comp (band b insurance area postcode)

Here's hoping it goes down this May when I re-insure......

All suggestions welcome!

One good thing about the BMW insurance is that it will cover me for the upcoming BMW organised track days which is a bonus worth having as well as all the European cover and the other motorrad policy perks.

Latest posts

Back