Insurance question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys

Think I've found the right bike ( yay )

My question is about insurance

Ive been riding bikes on and off for 17 years but haven't rode for about 5 years due to work commitments and personal reasons , Anyway little did i know that you lose your NCB after a few years of not being insured , I recently joined Admiral insurance for me and wife's car and she had always been on my car insurance but this year she went on her own and they give her the same NCB discount on hers as i had on mine so although she has never had insurance on her own name she now has 1q years NCB ,

Do anyone know if Admiral will do also do this for me on a bike or any other company as I'm getting quotes of over ?600 with zero NCB and then ?230 with 11 years NCB

I think ?600 is probably about right without knowing any other details but if you do a search you'll see the forum has a deal with BeMoto, give them a call and see what they can do

No Claims Bonus

I'm pretty certain car and motorcycle NCB are viewed as completely different by insurance companies.

+1 for BeMoto. They'll try to beat anyone else. All mods declared I'm paying ?540 with 5 years ncd, only been riding 5 years as well. Depending on your claims history and postcode etc I'd say ?600 isn't a million miles away. That said if I 'forgot' what mods were done to my bike and fancied ?1200 excess I could have went with Hastings for a shade over ?300. There next closest was ?700 with ridiculous excess

I found bemoto not very helpful at all, 3days for a return phonecall and nearly twice the cost of other insurance companies.

Just shop around...

I'm struggling to get insurance under 1k :-( Im 41 and been riding 17 years but as I've not had a bike for 5 years and lost all my NCB I'm in a whole world of hurt , This aint looking good at all

You could try asking to increase your excess to say ?2k then insure the excess, I think I read (on here) that this will dramatically reduce the premium.

Good Luck

Or you could insure TPFT only and put the difference in premium each year in a bank account 'just in case'.
If you're an experienced rider you're less likely to completely bin it at YOUR fault, right ? :culpability:

When I first bought a BMW I found BMW Insurance gave good quotes with reasonablish excesses. However, if you ever have to make a claim...oh dear, what a bunch of morons the underwriters (who you actually deal with) are....

When I first bought a BMW I found BMW Insurance gave good quotes with reasonablish excesses. However, if you ever have to make a claim...oh dear, what a bunch of morons the underwriters (who you actually deal with) are....

This is the same BMW branded insurance underwriter that providers the free 5 days ride away insurance. Unless you have 6 years no claims and no points, who is deemed too much of a risk to be provided an annual quote & as such 5 days ride away insurance was declined...

Got a good price with a company called GO SKIPPY , Anyone had any dealings with them , only bad reviews online about them so a little worried

Got a good price with a company called GO SKIPPY , Anyone had any dealings with them , only bad reviews online about them so a little worried

I was originally insured with GoSkippy but swapped over to bemoto within 24 hours after i found out the goskippy fully comp insurance didn't cover me for riding other bikes. There were a couple of other frustrating limitations as well, but they were small compared to that one ( and i can't recall what they were ). Bemoto worked out to be about ?20 more expensive but with a much better set of benefits and about 1/3rd of the excess.

Latest posts

Back