HP rear sets benefits and changing gear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Do those of you who have the HP rear sets find it easier to use the quick shifter? My new bike arrived in the UK today and will soon be ready for collection. The dealer was asking if I wanted these fitting ( around ?600 fitted inc VAT). It's a lot of money. What are the benefits of them?

I have the standard rearsets and have no problems at all with the qs, they are a little slippy in the wet and have no adjustments (which I find strange) they are a little higher than my last ones. Only thing I would change at the moment is the footpegs for something grippier.

I would get the HP rearsets. They offer adjustability and they are more durable than the basic versions. They also imprive the shifting as the shifter is on bearings rather than the sloppy bushing of the original. Same for the brake pedal. The ability to raise , lower , extend , or contract the footpegs or pedals is worth it alone. They feel so much more solid and refined.

BMW HP Rearsets

Highly recommended as they offer so much more adjustability than the OEM rearsets and better ground clearance for track use.

Latest posts

Back