Hi guys

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firestormxtreme

Reaction score
Hi guys former s1000rr owner here, bike was stolen a few weeks ago but will get another as soon as insurance pays out. In west london so if anyone wants a ride out if theyre near feel free to get in touch.

Currently looking at buying a damaged bike and repairing it as funds are currently low so will probably need a few bits and bobs that i cant find on ebay

If anyone is curious i posted in the spotted section if anyone has seen my bike please get in touch

Ok picked up a 2010 s1000rr today for cheap, needs new fairings and brackets which is fine but it also has a really bad rattle, guy that sold it says its a suspected cam chain tensioner but im not too sure, the noise sounds like a noisy clutch or a loose exhaust part that rattles bad but from the engine. At the moment there is a hole in the generator cover (will order new one tomorrow or if anyone has one that would be great) could that be the issue that its not able to build up pressure for the hydraulc tensioner or could it be something more sinister?

Its probably the exhaust butterflies rattling, its a common problem on them

Hi mate yes it was, had a mechanic check it out today and it was the exhaust butterfly on the manifold, breathed a big sigh of releif. Fairings have been ordered going to get the hp4 fairings for it and get the wheels powder coated blue should look nice once its all done.

Back