Hi from the North East

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Waiting to finalise the deal on a 2015 S1000 RR . Have heard great things about this model so hopefully it lives up to its reputation....

Regards

John

Hi johnny, welcome to the forum and good luck with your purchase. Track / road / commuting?

Hi Guy's...Thankyou for the warm welcome.......Have just retired and decided to commit more of my free time to motorcycling....however very uncomfortable on the roads these day mainly due to the amount of traffic and secondly the amount of people who seem to believe they can pay close attention to what is happening around them and be on the mobiles at the same time. Consequently I have just sold my GS adventure and decided to purchase a S1000RR for track work in the UK and hopefully Europe. Started out looking around the ?5k but everything seemed to need such a lot of cash spent on it to bring it to the std I required.....Had a brain wave at the last moment and thought its already produced someone, maybe a 'little' more expensive but very competent and suitable for a fumbling 'old git' like me....so here we go..

If I could ask some advice here please.......whats the general opinion of the Chinese ABS replacement panel kits are they worth the money.

Many thanks

John

Hi Johnnyboy, welcome to the site. Sorry I can't help you as far as the panels go but there are loads of track fellas on here who I'm sure can keep you pointed in the right direction. Like a few members on here I love my GSA too and like a bit of off roading. Know what you mean about the oblivious drivers on the road.

Take care and enjoy your new bike.

JimmyMac

Hi, welcome to the site.
Chinese ABS panels work well enough for me - see picture to the left. But for track fairings I'd be looking at CRC or Alpha for quality fit and finish without worries.

If I could ask some advice here please.......whats the general opinion of the Chinese ABS replacement panel kits are they worth the money.

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

I got mine from sbk in HK and they are fine. Not as good quality as the oe stuff but ideal for doing trackdays and mine did fit fine out of the box. Replacing oe panels with new can be very expensive so I would say they are worth the money.

Hi and welcome to the forum jonnyboy.
You've purchased a awesome bike for your first experience on track, and having retired and not felt comfortable on the roads anymore. I would recommend a few trackday tuitions.
Personally i don't buy cheap chinese products, due to the QC and reliability. But we all have our price bracket.

Hi and welcome to the forum jonnyboy.
You've purchased a awesome bike for your first experience on track, and having retired and not felt comfortable on the roads anymore. I would recommend a few trackday tuitions.
Personally i don't buy cheap chinese products, due to the QC and reliability. But we all have our price bracket.
Thanks for the advice and warm welcome really appreciate it...hopefully bike arrives this week and I can begin.....

Hi John,

I got mine from sbk in HK and they are fine. Not as good quality as the oe stuff but ideal for doing trackdays and mine did fit fine out of the box. Replacing oe panels with new can be very expensive so I would say they are worth the money.

Thanks for taking the time to reply,,,will check out SBK.............I appreciate the warm welcome.

If you want some euro track day info I'm here for you, burn where I go for a northeaster, it's a little on the warm side!

Latest posts

Back