Hi all

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1000rick

Reaction score
Just bought me a 2010 s1000rr 👍🏻 top bike but been doing abit of research today as my mileage has been flashing since I bought it plugged in to a gs-911 device and I have a fault coming up as a mileage discrepancy does anyone know how I would stand taking bike back to shop from where I purchased

Thanks all

Hi Rick , I take it you bought it from an independent dealer and not from a BMW garage?

i think my first port of call would be to my local BMW dealer and get a print out of the current shown mileage and actual mileage. Then go back to the garage that sold you it and demand my money back. If no joy contact the Police as clocking is a criminal matter. The previous MOTs would be another indicator of what has been going on. It is very easy to alter a digital speedo but the ECU continues to keep the correct mileage and when they don't marry up it makes the speedo readout flash.

Hope you get this sorted, sounds a bit of a mare.

JimmyMac

Yes, I agree with Jimmy.

However, it could be the case that the instrument cluster has been legitimately replaced (fault/damage?) and not correctly programmed to match the ecu mileage for the bike, leading to your issue. I can't remember the tolerances allowed for the discrepancy between the bike and a replacement cluster, but a BMW dealer will be able to tell you exactly what is going on.

Hi Rick,

I agree you should take it back to the dealer you purchased it from, If they're a decent company i'm sure they'll do everything they can to help you out.

I have come across the same fault when trying to repair a stolen/recovered GSA, After replacing the ignition ring and the BMSK unit the bike would run but the mileage flashed as the BMSK stores the mileage separate to the clocks, i believe a new instrument cluster can be matched up to the BMSK but not the other way around.

This could be the case with your bike, have you HPI'd it to make sure it hasn't been stolen?

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Hi all bike is going back in on Saturday to be sorted have been told that it's going straight in to a name dealer so will hopefully be sorted in the meantime I'll be using a mt07 loan bike 😩😩

Back