Hi all!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1000biker

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the site!

I have a S1000RR currently and am wanting to get my forks refreshed. I haven't actually done this since having the bike and I have had it 2 years so I think it would be a good idea to replace oil and seals. Im looking for a complete service on the forks and they need checking to see if they need rechroming also.

Any ideas in mind??

Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcome along.

Probably worth stating where you are located for a geographically helpful answer to that.

MCT and FTR are the names that spring to mind for me but I've not used them.

MCT, excellent service from Darren there and not often you hear anything bad said about them, does a lot of work with Phil Seton down in Colchester too I think or certainly used to.

Kais up in the Manchester area, you also have K-Tech in Derbyshire but if you are just talking about a suspension service then most motorbike garages should be able to strip and service a set of forks and send them away to get rechromed if needed, if they can't then they shouldn't be messing about with bikes.

What area are you in though?

MCT, excellent service from Darren there and not often you hear anything bad said about them, does a lot of work with Phil Seton down in Colchester too I think or certainly used to.

Kais up in the Manchester area, you also have K-Tech in Derbyshire but if you are just talking about a suspension service then most motorbike garages should be able to strip and service a set of forks and send them away to get rechromed if needed, if they can't then they shouldn't be messing about with bikes.

What area are you in though?

I second kais in manchester. The lads there are sound. About ?130 for a full service. Just take the forks off and drop em in

Sorry chaps, im in Leeds. I've been recommend a company by a bike friend http://www.brooksuspension.co.uk/services/forks-rebuilds-repairs-service.html I got their number and gave them a call to inquire and they can do a full service for ?120, they can also rechrome if needs be. They seem pretty clued up suspension wise and funnily enough looking through their website they are a K-Tech dealer, so they must have something about em. They aren't far from me so thats a bonus I can drop them in rather than sending through the post. Im going to try get down this week so I will update soon.

I doubt you'll have any problems with them as they look to be a pretty good outfit, if you are going to look into rechroming then I would ask them about getting them done in Nitride instead as it is harder wearing and there is slightly less friction than chrome, even better ask them if they have DLC as that stuff will outlast the rest of the fork leg :D

Back