Hi all, these RR things are rather quick aren't they!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertie

Reaction score
Hi folks
Short version: I ordered a new S1000RR Sport & Perf. Pack last week and get it the week after next.

Slightly longer version: I have been riding for years and have a 2003 Aprilia RSV-R that I have been all round Europe on several times. Thing is I haven't been riding it much this last couple of years.

I bought an S1000XR to commute on last year and its COMPLETELY TREMENDOUS. Recently I decided I needed to swap the Ape for something I might use and after much deliberation tried an R9T Urban GS. It was nice but whilst riding it I realised a) I have no tattoos, b) I don't suit beards, c) I don't live in Hackney, d) I don't run an artisanal micro brewery. Also it was a bit dull to ride.

I then had a thought. Whilst my Aprilia is hard work after my XR a friend said ages ago "try an S1000RR and I guarantee you will buy one" so I thought better try one before I swap my beloved RSV-R. My test ride was last Monday and FFS what a bike!!!!!! Much comfier than my RSV, dead easy to ride, the toys are lovely and good lord its quick. Thirty minutes later I agreed a trade in on the Aprilia and I cannot wait to get my new toy.

I am genuinely gob-smacked at how accomplished and all round wonderful the S1000RR is. Just amazing. I thought at 57 maybe I was getting a bit old and stiff for this sports bike malarky. Not at all, I just need a bonkersly good one!!

Bring it on!!!!

Welcome mate, I once owned the later RSVR model, really liked it although a bit fickle, S1K in a different league, enjoy the forum

Ta guys. my main challenge is waiting to get the sodding thing. I am a small boy at heart and have never been very good at the whole waiting thing. I just know I will do the 600 miles in maybe a week just so I can get rid of the rev limit ASAP

Hi Bertie, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike. Great intro, especially the micro brewery bit lol.

Welcome to the forum Bertie and congratulations on your new RR!

As Soof and Freudy say great intro!
Sounds like you've got the right idea getting the 600 mile service out of the way ASAP so you can enjoy full beans!

Enjoy the forum, there's a fantastic community on here, and may you have many happy miles ahead of you :)

Oli

Welcome to the forum Bertie and congratulations on your new RR!

As Soof and Freudy say great intro!
Sounds like you've got the right idea getting the 600 mile service out of the way ASAP so you can enjoy full beans!

Enjoy the forum, there's a fantastic community on here, and may you have many happy miles ahead of you :)

Oli

Ta very much. I did the 600 miles on my XR in a week, mind you the weather was a bit better then the balmy late summer we have at the minute. Got to be done though. Looking forwards to finding out best mods etc. but trying to resist the lure of Google till I get the thing

Welcome to the forum mate... plenty good chat etc on here. Sign up as a premier member and get free forum stickers for your new baby. The various discounts offered to premier members will wipe out the cost first time you buy anything.

Stuart

I've already done the Premier thing and ordered a couple of bits from Conquest Carbon and I haven't even got the bike yet!! Getting a bit impatient to get it TBH

Welcome along. I just swapped my RR for an XR at 33 years old :wink-new: to be fair I tend to do most of my road riding with the wife as passenger now so for her sake as much as mine I decided to change. I am gutted that I can't keep the RR such an amazing machine. It's a true testament to BMW that the built a bike that quick and capable but, still able to take 2 people around Scotland on holiday.

Should have stuck a grab rail on the RR Jimmy, although admittedly Mrs Mac no longer has anywhere to stash her hairdryer on weekends away since I got rid of my GSA!

Ta guys. my main challenge is waiting to get the sodding thing. I am a small boy at heart and have never been very good at the whole waiting thing. I just know I will do the 600 miles in maybe a week just so I can get rid of the rev limit ASAP

I know that pain. I was similar had a gsxr6 for 8 years sold it and had to wait 5 months for my rr to arrive.

Very surprising when the restrictor get taken off

I know that pain. I was similar had a gsxr6 for 8 years sold it and had to wait 5 months for my rr to arrive.

Very surprising when the restrictor get taken off
Wow, I couldn't take a five month wait. I'm struggling with a fortnight! Also GSXR6's are lovely but good lord the jump to an RR is a big one! It's a big jump from my XR and that's got 160 Bhp

It was mentioned to be a 3 month wait at most. But over delays to the Motorsport colours I took longer. To be fair to my dealer in cork they pulled strings and I got the first in Ireland and the UK I believe as I didn't see any others on any forum for best part of a month.

Yep it was but the restrictor helped. It felt very fast to be even restricted but it was a massive suprise to me first full power pull. There insane at any speed

sorry for the delay in welcoming you in. not far off of 50 myself so its nice to know i got a few more yrs left on the beamer (if my wrists hold up)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sorry for the delay in welcoming you in. not far off of 50 myself so its nice to know i got a few more yrs left on the beamer (if my wrists hold up)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ta Pdf, I guess it depends on what it is thats knackering your wrists (tee hee). I definitely think growing up is over-rated. I really was starting to thing I was past sports bikes till I tried the RR but I can't wait to get it. My big issue is not going bonkers on it when I get it as fast is more than easy and oh so much fun. I remember on the test ride thinking "shall I stay out for a cheeky extra half an hour?" and then realised "nah, I will have my own one of these very shortly as I am so getting one". If I can do Mugello and Valencia and back post 50 on an RSV-R, which I did amongst other places the RR will be a joy.

Latest posts

Back