Help with diamond rearsets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevef

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum, have just purchased a s1000rr track/race bike that came with cheap rearsets on in race shift, have got hold of a set of diamond but struggling to fit them because i think the length of the shift rod is different off the old rearsets from running race shift. does anybody have a picture of theirs running road shift and no the length of the rod needed. thanks steve

yep just use std length on mine, bike is not to hand so can't be more precise on length!! pretty sure with diamond shift rod stays the same length weather in road or race set up .

It does stay same length, you just turn the 3 pointed thing behind peg around 90 degrees and pick up the other 2 holes. I did this at the weekend

Thanks lads but need to no actual length of rod because mines had a shorter one fitted!

Thanks lads but need to no actual length of rod because mines had a shorter one fitted!
Need to measure between end of shift assist and rose joint at gear box. HM racing edenbridge can supply. Each rearsets will be a different distance for rod.

Last edited:
I've just measured mine and its 32.5cm from end to end. That's running the on a 2013. Hope that helps

thanks guys for help, i think the standard shift rod is 185mm, don't suppose any body has one to sell?

noticed you have your rearsets and pegs on lowest position, do you have any clearance issues I had to move mine up as both brake and gear lever were grounding out! destroyed toe sliders too, as a result the bike is not as comfortable, perhaps I need less lean and maybe get off the bike more??

noticed you have your rearsets and pegs on lowest position, do you have any clearance issues I had to move mine up as both brake and gear lever were grounding out! destroyed toe sliders too, as a result the bike is not as comfortable, perhaps I need less lean and maybe get off the bike more??

At 6'2" and an old git it was the most comfortable and yes I do get off the bike more on track, had no probs racing. This was on my '10 , my '15 oe pegs are higher anyway and find just right for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back