Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkHP4

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So im the nut job that has bought one of the last HP4 Carbons that was unregistered with zero miles from Benhams in Wolverhampton. It will be registered next month as a 2017 registration and Ive already used this brilliant forum to read and understand more about this bike from your posts on this model.

When I first seen them at the NEC back in 2013/14, I knew then I wanted one and unfortunately wasn't in a position to do anything about it, I do see it as an investment, could have easily bought a 2016/17 s1K but wanted the exclusiveness and certain desirability that comes with these?!? (splitting opinions here). Adding to this I didn't want someone elses even with low 1k mileage and for me that second ownership thing....I wanted new and was willing to pay! Am I crazy probably but each to their own??

Anyway this will be getting delivered 2nd/3rd week in March and be added to what will become my collection of appreciating classics ( I hope!? lol) currently in the garage is an original R1 4XV and Mk2 RS250. I am sorry to say yes these are all garage queens but all get ridden, not very often as I am not in the country long enough, but for me I find plittering and maintaining them therapeutic? (buying them all is just an illness)

Thank you to everyone for the posts and information I have been able to use so far, it has been of great help and I could have easily opted for the new fireblade SP2 but I now know I have still made the right decision for a 2014MY bike that still cant be compared?

Looking forward to reading about your BMWs and posting about my new/old one!

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the HP4. As a fellow HP4 owner I have to agree with everything you say :). I'm not convinced about the investment argument but they are certainly holding their values much better than the new or old gen sthous. I have 13k on mine from new and I'll continue racking them up, it's too much fun not to.

Just over 400 hp4s in the U.K. up to the end of Q3 2016 v nearly 4000 s1000rrs.

Thanks, I think it will be some time before something as exclusive comes along, excluding the track only race, but it is certainly a keeper regardless any appreciation or depreciation.
I cant even tell you what number it is yet?!? lol But based on what the likes of yourself and others have done with theirs I've already a small list of subtle mods to start on before the bikes even arrived.

The pins are in the skylift ready and waiting....

Welcome Mark, you'll be wanting an HP4-Race when they are released in 2018 to keep the HP4 company!

The HP4 is certainly keeping its value so I have no doubt there will always be a market for it. Enjoy the endless hours of maintenance :)

Welcome Mark... im like you soon as I saw one I wanted...great machine...wherever I go I always see people looking at my bike.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Hi Mark, you're only here once so if it makes you happy, it's worth any premium to get the things you like.
Like Soof and Stuart I don't mind racking up the miles on mine as I'm probably never going to sell it.

Enjoy the new bike whether razzing it around the roads, track or just as an ornament.

Welcome

JimmyMac

Welcome Mark, you'll be wanting an HP4-Race when they are released in 2018 to keep the HP4 company!

The HP4 is certainly keeping its value so I have no doubt there will always be a market for it. Enjoy the endless hours of maintenance :)

hahaha I wish!? I think its already in good company, but there are a few other acquisitions currently in negotiation and for next year to keep it company.
Thanks Alex, if only I had your tool collection to help along the way? I have the Dura units, I just need your tool collection to go in it!

Hi Mark, you're only here once so if it makes you happy, it's worth any premium to get the things you like.
Like Soof and Stuart I don't mind racking up the miles on mine as I'm probably never going to sell it.

Enjoy the new bike whether razzing it around the roads, track or just as an ornament.

Welcome

JimmyMac

Thanks guys, yes its not a trial run in life!? All my bikes and those I intend to aquire these next few years are all like that and should have that effect on you or people that get to see and recoginse them for what they are. Can I use them all at the same time....no! (I just don't get the time) but I appreciate them for what they are and hope others do aswell and the HP4 is and has been one of those that can do that to people.

Latest posts

Back