Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidblackboro

Reaction score
Hi there, brand new to the website and having read through a lot of the posts on here it looks like a very knowledgable place to be! I have only just bought my 2011 BMW s1000rr having previously owned a Yamaha r1 I must say that the quicksifter is a massive upgrade so looking forward to getting her out and about Essex as much as possible considering the weather!! The only difference is getting used to new engine sounds as the BMW engine seems a little noisier than I am used to just wondering if this is normal and should I just get used to that? Anyway seems a great site and thanks for reading!!!

Hi Davy, great choice of bike mate. Get some ear plugs or you will regret it when you are Roadrunners age.

Welcome to the site, ride safe.

JimmyMac

Hi David
Welcome board
And yeah the noise takes some getting use to but get it above 7 or 8 thousand revs and it's muffled by your laughter

welcome David , good name mate, the noise was a shock to me at first tbh you will get used to it , I have a 2011 and the only thing I haven't got used to is the bloody power! lol it really is mental , enjoy your bike and the forum.

Hi David,

I'm equally as new to the forum (lovely people) but you're considerably further down the line in that you have an S1000RR. I hope to get one early in 2017.

rgds

Back