Hello new member with S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gps999

Reaction score
Hello to all forum members. I ve just got myself a BMW sport colours 16 plate bike with 1400 miles on the clock. Basically did the demo ride and ended up buying one. Having only ridden it twice, the demo and riding it home I am not yet settled down with the bike. Its been awful weather ever since I picked it up. Looking forward to learning the bike and electronics only having had GSXR's CBR's and a Ducati 749.
I am so looking forward to getting out in the dry for a sensible play.

Welcome my friend... where you from then. Youve bought the cream of the crop and brilliant color scheme..

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Hi gps, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new bike. It's worth the wait ;).

Thanks for the welcome....I am in the foggy icy county of Dorset. Is it normal to go out to the garage several times an evening to gaze at shiney components?

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Don't get caught out with the extra power available on the M sport colours :encouragement:

Thanks for the welcome....I am in the foggy icy county of Dorset. Is it normal to go out to the garage several times an evening to gaze at shiney components?

Haha yes quite normal! At least you don't have the pain of running it in, have fun once you can open her up.

Welcome along gps, excellent choice, you're going to be blown away by the S1k experience, I think we're all looking forward to the end of this icy winter, any plans for the bike?

Is it compulsory to modify anything ?? Looking at the bike it seems to have every in the right place and visually very attractive. The other bikes I ve had always need the aftermarket indicators, huggers etc... The S1000RR is sorted... or am I missing something?

Is it compulsory to modify anything ?? Looking at the bike it seems to have every in the right place and visually very attractive. The other bikes I ve had always need the aftermarket indicators, huggers etc... The S1000RR is sorted... or am I missing something?

Lol :). No of course not. There are a couple of things that improve the bike a little:

- better rearsets because the standard ones can be a bit slippy in the wet
- a rear hugger without a hole (or just cover the hole) so the rear shock doesn't get peppered with shit and stones.

The rest is down to personal taste and wallet :).

Last edited:
I've never got the loud exhaust thing - people being proud about pissing off the neighbours at 6am.
Personally I think they need a tail tidy and a bit of protection - crash bungs, engine protectors. And those tassels for the end of the handlebars. You need to ensure you get ones that are rated for heat because heated grips come as standard on the S1Krr.

I've never got the loud exhaust thing - people being proud about pissing off the neighbours at 6am.
Personally I think they need a tail tidy and a bit of protection - crash bungs, engine protectors. And those tassels for the end of the handlebars. You need to ensure you get ones that are rated for heat because heated grips come as standard on the S1Krr.
Great reply. I actually understand what MacRR is saying about the look of the exhaust, some of the after market ones do look very tidy, As for sound I love the balance of purposeful noise and pops on the closed throttle, without it making anyones ears bleed. I am not a fan of noisy cans that attract the authorities. I now see what the hugger issue is, didn't realise there was a hole in it until I read it here and it does look a bit cheap. I cant relate to any issue with the tail tidy, seems like a neat rear end to me. Crash bungs and engine protectors are on my radar.

Do BMW do the heatproof tassles in the BMW motorsport colours?

The 2017 model is at CW's in the showroom. My bike and the new one were side by side when I picked it up. Visually not a great deal of difference, colour scheme change, slight droop in the snout on the 2017 model and apparently the specs aren't vastly different. I know the knowledgeable people around here will tell me its a different bike... lol Amusingly they cant register the new one until end of next month so they have a month without a demo except for drooling over in the new showroom. Worth a look if passing. (same minging can ....lol)

Latest posts

Back