Hello! Just 1 year late!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPW

Reaction score
I've had my S1000RR Sport for a year now and thought I should join in here... that probably means she is a keeper!

My first big bike was a Ducati 800SS lasting 12 months before realising it was just a rattly tractor. Then I bought a new 2009 Daytona 675SE, however that lasted 2 years before we left the road with both of us needing repairs. A few months later a new Tiger 800 and a CSS level 1 course got me back in the saddle. After that CSS level 2 in the US on their S1000RR put me back in the mood for a Sportsbike again. Tiger was Pxd for another Daytona (2014 675R), plus then I bought a 07 Daytona 675 trackbike and completed CSS level 3. Last year we completed 8 track days without incident, all was good so last November a S1000RR replaced the 07 Daytona. (I kept the 675R.)
It's a 2012 Red/White Sport model road bike. I fitted R&G protection, Titax levers and then race fairings for riding track days. With my track riding done for this year she is presently back in her road clothes.

What do i think...she's a bit ugly, but that can be forgiven by her willingness to perform beyond all others. It has taking me some time to learn to be the boss, she needs respect... but that power and performance is a delight. A bit more physical effort is required than on the 675, but she will brake and corner just as well when demanded. Oh yes...the acceleration and the speed :devilish:

Hi KPW, welcome to the site. I lived just South of Peterborough for 3 years at RAF Wyton, when we still had an Air Force, lol.

Lovely bit of the country but a little flat, hope you keep enjoying your bike.

Ride safe

JimmyMac

Thanks for the welcome. I am south of Peterborough in Cambridgeshire.

Welcome mate, you're well placed for making the most of some excellent roads in South Lincs and Rutland / Leic. Lots of talk about dealers on here at the moment, jury's out for me on Balderston BMW in Pboro - I've found them fairly expensive and just ok on service (not a patch on my local Honda & Kawasaki shops) , have you tried them?

Hi. my bike went in Balderstons in March for 4th year annual service and also brake fluid change. No issues at all.. infact it was lower cost than the 2nd annual (low mileage) service on the 675R. I recently went in to ask about a rattle thats developed in the header pipes (butterfly valve?) and they suggested it would be fine and cause no long term damage, (bikes done 8200 miles). I'll be in there again next week for the MOT.

Garry at Balderstons said the MOT only takes 20 minutes so just bring it in anytime. I should be free next Tuesday morning so I'll try and meet you there.

Latest posts

Back