Heated vest a good idea?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone tried heated gloves? All the wires that most come with sound like a faff to use and the RST battery powered gloves don't seem to get a great write up but happy to be told I'm wrong!

The Keis stuff is designed to daisy chain together so you connect the gloves to the under jacket or vest and have a single connection from the vest to the battery. I have ridden through the last three winters and do have thicker gloves for when its cold which have done me fine. Colder climate might warrant electric gloves though

What winter gloves do you use? I've got some textile Astars which have been ok for the odd winter spin but I'm ideally looking for something that'll keep my hands warm (ish) and dry without losing too much feel at the bars.

Have a look at Rukka. Their gloves are beautifully made and keep your hands dry, They are almost good value too compared to the suits as they are similar money to normal brands but much nicer made. My summer everyday gloves are Rukka Apollo and the winter ones are Rukka Cosmo.

Bear in ming my commute is 50 miles each way and I do it rain or shine and my hands always stay dry even when its torrential rain in winter. The Rukka sizing is a bit odd but very reliable when you know what fits you, so worth trying some on somewhere and then using the size that works for you to do. bit of internet searching as there are good deals out there. I am size L or XL normally and a Rukka size 12 is perfect.

Cheers, never considered Rukka gloves as the suits are so expensive, just looked on Sportsbikeshop and you're right the pricing isn't bad, I'll nip over there and try some on

I can swear by the Gerbings gear. I’ve used the jacket & gloves combo for five years on daily commute of 70 miles. The jacket is especially well made. You get heated front / back, arms & collar. The guy who is the sole importer for the company works out of a unit just behind Motorrad Tonbridge wells.

I can swear by the Gerbings gear. I?ve used the jacket & gloves combo for five years on daily commute of 70 miles. The jacket is especially well made. You get heated front / back, arms & collar. The guy who is the sole importer for the company works out of a unit just behind Motorrad Tonbridge wells.

I?m seriously considering your setup, so am glad to hear it gets the thumbs up [emoji4]

Do you find it easy to connect/disconnect the gloves from the jacket?

I have the Gerbings hybrid gloves which I use throughout the winter. You can hardwire them in or use the additional battery pack.
The battery lasts 1-2 hrs depending on what setting you have them & the ambient temperature.
They are not the most waterproof gloves but my understanding is that most heated gloves draw in water.
For heating purposes they are very effective.
I did however have an issue with my first two pairs ( stitching issues) & my only gripe is the customer service.
Warranty/exchange took an age on both occasions (2 months total) with poor communication & typically it was over the coldest period last year.
Going to NEC in a couple of weeks & will check out KEIS & compare.

I have had Gerbings warranty dealings and never had an issue. Replaced junior controller and gloves within a fortnight. They also sourced me a dual controller with memory so it doesn't need to be set every time you get on due to Health and Safety bolloks.
I got the Hybrid which will work with a battery, but only use them wired. Biggest gripe is they are very tight when worn under jacket sleeve due to the size of the wrist area which is designed to hold a battery. Looking to get the short ones as well for use in the wet and keep the hybrids for when its dry.

I had Keis gloves, got caught in heavy downpour and water got on the inside and gave me a little jolt every now and again. Swapped them for Gerbing. Thicker and like GixerChuck, cuffs are too large. Other than than, they are spot on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife treated me to the Keis X10 waistcoat last Christmas (what to buy the man who has everything....) and I wonder what I did before. Now that I am semi-retired I only do my 20 mile each way commute twice a week. Tonight it was 3C and I had on one base layer plus the waistcoat under my Wolf textile suit (no liner) and I was perfectly comfortable. For gloves I wear an old pair of HG xtrafit Gore-Tex, which are more three season touring gloves but have never let in water. In winter I turn the heated grips up and wear a pair of those ski glove liners inside them. Perfect. I should add that I'm using a 20 year old Suzuki TL1000S to commute at present. Heated grips, clothing connector, Scott Oiler Michelin PR3s and nice loud cans. Who says you can't commute on a sport bike?

Back