Headlights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
During an evening ride i noticed that there was something funny about the headlights, both sides were lit but only dim, just the side lamps were on. Tried high beam nothing, switched off and on again the bike, nothing still side lamps only. Connectors properly fitted to the headlights, as once i forgot to connect one .
Just checked if there were any fault codes, nothing.
Any one had this problem? Its a 2015 model, tomorrow will check the fuses, lamps etc, but i doubt its any of these:grumpy:

If you've got the lamp warning switched off in the menu it won't tell you if the bulb blows.

Hopefully just blown bulbs

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

If you've got the lamp warning switched off in the menu it won't tell you if the bulb blows.

Hopefully just blown bulbs

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

I have checked its on. After checking the fuses and the voltage at the 3 pin connector, decided to take off the front cowl for better access. Both lamps where burnt, a bit strange that happened to both, but at least problem is solved. Bike has only 17k kms not miles.
Thanks anyway

Had a headlight bulb blow on me last week in France, 7.5A micro fuse under the seat blew too. Fortunately my son brought some fuses with him - didn't know about the warning switched off in the menu, must change that. Thanks Alex

Had a headlight bulb blow on me last week in France on my 2018 Gen 3 -same model as @vro551, 7.5A micro fuse under the seat blew too. Fortunately my son brought some fuses with him - didn't know about the warning switched off in the menu, must change that. Thanks Alex

Latest posts

Back