hal?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave

Reaction score
Good evening,
been trawling this forum for a while.
Since I placed a deposit for for a 1000rr today thought I'd better register. I bought a new black and grey sport, last of that colour seemingly, with the performance pack. I will be using the bike for road riding. Although I got a track experience from BMW for buying it before santa comes. So might just take it and go to Almeria.

beleave it or not I've come from a K1600GT, my second one. My wife and I had this great intention of doing great miles, that never happened. So time for some fun. I test rode the 1000rr a month ago and couldn't stop smiling when riding. Don't think the misses is to happy, In saying that, after riding today will miss the heated seat and hill start assist. Looking forward to a new chapter in my life. At 54, your never to old.

Dave

Welcome Dave, nice bike, like the black / grey colour. The good news (for the Mrs at least) is that you can fit a grab rail to your RR and it makes a surprisingly comfortable bike to blat about on 2 up.

Welcome to the forum Dave and congratulations on your new RR!

+1 on what Mac says, the black/grey colour scheme looks great.

I?ve always thought K1600?s seem like really good bikes, they certainly sound great.

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Welcome along Dave - that smile factor doesnt seem to wear off - or it hasnt for most of us anyway :) Keeps us all younger than our years - your missus will think she's got a toy boy after you've been riding the RR for a few months ;)

Welcome aboard Dave.. I've a grabrail on my HP4 it does the trick.. my bike is on Rentecs website if you want to see how it looks..Enjoy the forum chat and advice.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome Dave. I've just collected my grey/ black S1000RR and it really is a fantastic bike. I bought an XR 18months ago to keep the wife happy, but she went on the bike less than a handful of times so I thought I'd get the bike that I actually wanted! I don't think you will regret your decision.

Hi Dave, your the second member on here from Kirkcaldy called Dave, Malic lives near the Vic and has a HP4.
Did you get hooked up at Clarks by the S1000rr, they snared me when I was getting my GSA serviced back in 2012 and I have never stopped smiling.

There are some great members on here and am sure you will make some new pals by joining the forum as I definitely have. If you are looking for some company on a run don't be shy, I'm only in Windygates and just closer to 50 than you, lol.

Big welcome from me.

JimmyMac

Thank you all for the warm welcome..
I have had BM bikes for a lot of years, I had heard there was a new RR coming, I was tempted to wait for that. After having Bikes that were just released found BMW are not very good at ironing out faults prior to production, so for me this one is tried and tested.
At the dealers, yes jimmy Clarks, been dealing with them for years. They have a matt black, which is a limited production run, all are number on the tank, this one was 20/50. I was sorely tempted but ?1300 extra for a paint job I couldn't justify.
Thanks for the info on the grab rail. I had planned on getting one. The rentec one seems to look good.

Dave

Thank you all for the warm welcome..
I have had BM bikes for a lot of years, I had heard there was a new RR coming, I was tempted to wait for that. After having Bikes that were just released found BMW are not very good at ironing out faults prior to production, so for me this one is tried and tested.
At the dealers, yes jimmy Clarks, been dealing with them for years. They have a matt black, which is a limited production run, all are number on the tank, this one was 20/50. I was sorely tempted but ?1300 extra for a paint job I couldn't justify.
Thanks for the info on the grab rail. I had planned on getting one. The rentec one seems to look good.

Dave

No bother Dave, a straight forward fit too, stick a tail tidy on whilst your in at the arse end, don't buy an R and G they are pish, mine snapped, metal fatigue after 18 months,....garbage.

I swapped it for an Evotech....lovely piece of machined metal and quality fixings... discount on here if you are a premium member..says me without checking.

S

Latest posts

Back