GSG Moto crash protectors

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart69allan

Reaction score
As titled today i fitted the GSG Moto crash protectors as i genuinely feel they are the best engineered (german made) and i have used them on all my previous bikes and know they work! Also the R&G one look a bit cheap and i've heard horror stories from them breaking the actual frame mounts from poor design. Anyway the GSG's literally took 5 minutes to fit and i can confirm they are just as well engineered as they used to be. As far as looks are concerned they will never be pretty but as crash protectors go i actually think they look ok :)

Final note, the restrictors were taken off yesterday and all i can say is WOW!!!... The Mrs will have lots of underwear to wash as 1000BHP per tonne is genuinely terrifying! I LOVE IT!!! :woot:

I've got white R&G to go on my Motorsport when I get it. I've had lots of R&G on my last 3 bikes and never had an issue with them. I binned my last blade at about 70 into a corner and they saved it from being a write off.

What is the torque setting for the bolts? I've bought lightech sliders that I'm going to fit tomorrow.

Fitted the lightech sliders today. Happy with the look.

1be1dacb4b5f5631415854e3eb03fdac_zpspwc4tmid.jpg
07d763a967b2c75c21b897b4516b5a2a_zpsqwzypmw8.jpg
1f9d8287a7044e68abe516a980159a1f_zpsivgvgd6b.jpg
1fcc2a40272031ca5d3782396a1f7827_zpslkpdqkto.jpg

Would like a carbon belly pan next, but I've just bought a new helmet and boots. The secret fund is looking rather poor just now.:indecisiveness:

As titled today i fitted the GSG Moto crash protectors as i genuinely feel they are the best engineered (german made) and i have used them on all my previous bikes and know they work! Also the R&G one look a bit cheap and i've heard horror stories from them breaking the actual frame mounts from poor design. Anyway the GSG's literally took 5 minutes to fit and i can confirm they are just as well engineered as they used to be. As far as looks are concerned they will never be pretty but as crash protectors go i actually think they look ok :)

Final note, the restrictors were taken off yesterday and all i can say is WOW!!!... The Mrs will have lots of underwear to wash as 1000BHP per tonne is genuinely terrifying! I LOVE IT!!! :woot:

Where did you buy the engine sliders? They look really good.

They are nice bits of kit. I also bought red inserts for the engine sliders but the Red colour isn't the same as on the bike so I stuck with the White insert.

Both look pretty good- do the protectors spin in the event of a crash? That's what I always liked about the old R&Gs bungs- they saved the frame on my old tuned Bandit 12 during a biiiiig slide. Seems a bit silly that the aeros lose that ability.

Mind if I ask where you got them from and for how much?

Last edited:
Back